MESA 5I25 7I77 CAN DRIVE THIS MOTORS??

More
02 Jun 2017 15:23 #94011 by Yannis
Thanks for the info
i try the calculate scale buton
is it working??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2017 17:00 #94019 by Todd Zuercher
it is basic math, and I often find it simpler just to work it out myself.
I can't say as I've tried to use the scale calculator in PNCconfig, but the one in StepConf usually confuses the heck out of me, and I rarely get it right the first try.

More
02 Jun 2017 19:30 #94021 by Yannis
The INTERMAC 15OO machine i m trying to retrofit is a 4axis gantry machine with double motor on Y and C axis.
In the C axis the motor is mounted in planetary reducer and then to a pulley.The reducer have no ratio data
Is there any other way to calculate the encoder scale?.
Also for the configuration of the gantry i understand that i have to manually edit the HAL file.
After the edit can i reconfigure the file with the pncconf wizard

More
02 Jun 2017 19:56 #94022 by Todd Zuercher
If you have it, you might be able to glean that info from the configuration or parameter info for the original control. (at least the encoder counts/degree or rev.)

Often the encoder's line count is somewhere on its id lable, but you still have to figure out your planetary's reduction (might be in it's model description) and any other reduction from belt or chain cogs.

For a dual motor gantry config, right now it is advisable to use the development branch of Linuxcnc, aka Master (2.8-pre) rather than the general released version (2.7). As it is much better suited to configurations where joints 0,1,2,3... don't necessarily equate to axis x,y,z,a... Such as for a simple duel motor gantry or more complex non-trivial kinematics.

If you use pncconf after you've made any hand edits, it will overwrite them. So, if you must rerun the wizards, backup your old files first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yannis

More
03 Jun 2017 08:04 #94028 by Yannis
What is the procedure to install the linuxcnc aka Master (2.8-pre)
is it a stable version?

More
03 Jun 2017 12:00 - 03 Jun 2017 12:01 #94031 by Todd Zuercher
That depends on what you mean by stable. "Stable" in the LInux software world means that a programs development has been frozen, most of the bugs have been worked out, and new features are no longer being added. For the most part Master will run reliably, but it is the development branch where new features are introduced and the bugs are worked out. There are a lot of people who run Master on machines. But if you are regularly updating your software there is no guarantee that the next update won't introduce a bug that may break your configuration. There is no schedule for a release date for when 2.8 will be released as a "stable" version. For the most part I discourage running Master on a production machine in a factory environment unless it has a feature that is necessary. (where the machine operator is not the integrator) But for a personal machine where the person who set it up is the one who runs it, there is little problem. Just keep a close eye on machine operation for a while after any software update, but truly nasty surprises are rare..

If you installed from the current Linuxcnc iso then you should only need to enable the Linuxcnc Buildbot Master repo in Synaptic, then mark all updates and then update.
deb  http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ wheezy master-rt
Last edit: 03 Jun 2017 12:01 by Todd Zuercher.

More
03 Jun 2017 15:14 #94034 by Yannis

i will take your previous advise to install the 2.8 master
i disable the 2.7 update and enable the 2.8
when i ask the system to update i get the message that the system is updated
what different i will see with 2.8 master?
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2017 18:22 #94036 by Todd Zuercher
On the surface, the untrained eye will see very little if any difference.
The big changes are under the skin, and how some things are configured.

The biggest difference is that the difference between an Axis (Cartesian coordinates) and Joints (moveable parts, linear and rotational parts) are clearly defined and separated. Because of the clear separation, it is then simple to assign multiple joints (2 motors) to a single axis letter. easily allowing independent homing and squaring of the gantry.

More
03 Jun 2017 20:15 #94040 by Yannis
if i got i right the difference is in the ini and the hal file of the axis
is it different the mesa configuration in the pncconf wizard ?
do you have the option in the wizard to define the machine with more then 4 axis?
can you post the files of the ini and the hal of your gantry for reference?
thanks for your patience

More
04 Jun 2017 02:41 #94043 by Todd Zuercher
I do not have any dual motor gantry machines. I am not sure how many axis Pncconf can set up, and I don't think it does dual motor gantries. And I am not even currently running Master on any machinery.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Yannis

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds