wiring & wizard setting for minimal working of simple normal closed limit switch

More
24 Feb 2021 12:16 #199967 by tommylight

If you see my above discussion in this thread only, I was using 2.8.1 in Ubuntu with generic kernel and everything was running well except limit switch.

I did see that, but you can not run a machine on a generic kernel, it must have RT or RTAI kernel for machine use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2021 14:54 #199989 by suraj9735

If you see my above discussion in this thread only, I was using 2.8.1 in Ubuntu with generic kernel and everything was running well except limit switch.

I did see that, but you can not run a machine on a generic kernel, it must have RT or RTAI kernel for machine use.

Ok, That's fine, but what about the newmesa.zip file?
should I follow the instructions ( newmesa.zip )?

More
24 Feb 2021 15:48 - 25 Feb 2021 07:19 #199993 by Aciera
Oh, so it looks like you need to upgrade to version 2.9 for your board to work.

Instructions on how to upgrade are here:
buildbot.linuxcnc.org/

Your repsitories will be:
deb     http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ buster master-rtpreempt
deb-src http://buildbot.linuxcnc.org/ buster master-rtpreempt

[edit]
To use the mesa files you would need to download the linuxcnc source code and copy those files into the source folder and then you would need to build linuxcnc directly on your machine. While certainly possible for a linux newcommer it usually requires a fair bit of will power to get all the required dependencies installed. But after you master that you can do pretty much anything.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2021 07:19 by Aciera. Reason: My apologies as it apparently does work with 2.8.1

More
24 Feb 2021 20:42 #200023 by PCW
newmesa.zip is obsolete, you should be fine with 2.8.1

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds