pncconf with 5i25 and 7i77 and I need analog outs

More
17 Feb 2016 17:38 #70296 by djs14
Added a timer to reject extra pulses as described in the integrator manual fig 34.2

It slowed down the speed of the decrement, like if I only touch the input quickly my variable value will decrease by 1, but if I stay on the input the value decreases by more than 1 ... maybe something to do with being linked to the servo thread?... grasping...

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2016 20:30 #70310 by djs14
Increased my timer value on the timer scheme laid out in fig 34.2 and that seemed to fix it ... making progress

More
26 Feb 2016 20:47 - 26 Feb 2016 20:47 #70685 by djs14
I got my tool changer working reasonably well with classicladder so I'm back on configuration for the axes and integrating tool changer with m6

When I view the hardware in pncconf I don't see encoder inputs, the enables, or the analog outs listed for control of the axes.

I was able to select an encoder "mux" (but I didn't see actual pins for encoder connections), and I was able to select PWM outputs, but I'm not seeing analog out or the separate enables. TB5 has all the enable and analog out pins listed in the 7i77 manual. Does this stuff perhaps just not show up in pncconf but is used when declared in the hal file.

The linuxcnc computer is now connected to the machine and I don't have easy internet access so not easy for me to post the hal file ... but it is probably necessary yes unless this is an obvious problem? I will make sure to post it if I don't get any feedback.

Thanks for the help as always!
Last edit: 26 Feb 2016 20:47 by djs14.

More
26 Feb 2016 23:00 #70687 by djs14
I wired in my encoders and was able to see posn change on the axis gui! Woo hoo!

At first I kicked my encoder voltage down to 4v and the posn would be jittery. Changed resistors to get 4.9v and it seemed to clean up.

Hopefully I will have the same success with the index pulse and analog speed control... Hopefully she just works :)

Cheers

More
27 Feb 2016 01:28 #70698 by cmorley
pncconf calls all analog outputs pwm outputs.

Chris M

More
27 Feb 2016 17:40 - 27 Feb 2016 17:43 #70710 by djs14
Started playing with halscope this morning to try and figure out why I'm not getting clean encoder signals.

When setting a and b encoder inputs to scope inputs I could see the encoder pulses weren't being made. It appeared that a value of 1v indicated the hardware was seeing a pulse and they were just intermittent spikes. I changed some resistors to up my encoder outputs to 4.9V from 4.8V (I'm running 12v encoders with voltage dividers). This seemed to help. There were still spikes but there was a constant 1V trace on the scope. I moved the motor back and forth a turn or two and it seemed to go back to zero, and then when I let it sit the position started to creep.

Both the a and b channels measured 4.9V with my scope, but neither of the a or b channels on hal scope showed the 1V trace, and there were noise spikes on one of the channels.

Also, I'm using a fluke scope and after playing with all kinds of settings and scales I have not seen the spikes/voltage peaks that the inputs seem to be picking up.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Should I change some resistors and get my outputs slightly over 5V? Didn't want to try that until I heard from you guys.

cheers
Last edit: 27 Feb 2016 17:43 by djs14.

More
27 Feb 2016 18:03 #70711 by djs14
Jumpers on 7i77 not set to single ended ... we back in business.

cheers

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds