Should Test/Tune jog Y and Y2 motors at the same time?

More
14 Jul 2023 12:43 - 14 Jul 2023 12:54 #275408 by supermoto
By invert, do you mean to switch the "polarity" in pncconf via the "Invert" tick box or use a NO switch. (I think its not customary to use a NO switch for a limit as a fail safe)

I currently am using 24v circuit for the estops and limits. I have the neg output from power supply routed to the input common of TB3, and the NC limit/home switches between the power supply +24v and input pins 1-10.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2023 12:54 by supermoto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2023 22:57 #275455 by supermoto
Did the inversion on limits, adjusted travel limits in the axis setup in pcnconf and everything seems to work in terms of jogging and homing.

Thanks for all the insight...I don't know how long I would have wasted likely mis-interpreting the lcnc docs, although after reading the homing section 35 times, and then with trial on the machine I grasped the values and +/- of the settings.

I do have a question regarding the tandem home info....

Are the [Home switch location], [Home Position Location], etc. values entered in pncconf for the Y axis applied to the Y2 axis by default?  I think after homing, one side of the gantry moves off of the switch more than the other.

I placed the home/limit switch using a caliper, so they should be within a few mm of each other.
- Ive got final home position set to 0.25" from origin
- When homing Y axis, Y motor goes to home but Y2 stays at origin. (theres a 0.25" difference to where they end up)

How does LCNC know to apply the values to Y2?

More
15 Jul 2023 00:24 #275466 by rodw
The final position of a homed joint is set by HOME_OFFSET in the ini file
If Y2 is out by say 2mm, you just need to ensure the HOME_OFFSET on each side are different by 2mm and the gantry shall be square.
That way mechanical position does not really matter as it can be accounted for in software.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supermoto

More
18 Jul 2023 14:42 #275741 by supermoto
Great info folks.

I got it all sorted out. Limits are working, offsets are working, gantry is squaring.

Next up.....wiring motor alarms to the mesa/LCNC. Let the search begin!

More
18 Jul 2023 15:09 #275743 by tommylight
In hal wire the Mesa inputs to
joint.0.amp-fault

More
18 Jul 2023 15:21 #275744 by supermoto
Sorry....let me clarify...

I'm more concerned if my physical wiring from the IHSV57 Servos are going to be done properly. Theres an ALM+ and ALM- on the motor.

I need to find out if i can daisy chain the motor alarm signal so I can still use the Mesa's COMMON Input pin connected to the NEG of my 24v power supply, and the +24v from power supply to motor 1 ALM+...from motor 1 ALM- to motor 2 ALM+, motor 2 ALM- to motor 3 ALM+.... etc, and terminate it to the input on Mesa. (IIRC TB2 pin 11)

Im not concerned with knowing WHICH motor faults as its easily identifiable by the large red LED that turns on, but I want to be sure machine stops if any of the motors fault.

I haven't been able to confirm this idea will work as conceptualized.

More
18 Jul 2023 15:29 #275745 by PCW
It should be possible to parallel all the alarm outputs so

ALM1+,ALM2+,ALM3+ to +24V
ALM1-,ALM2-,ALM3- to 7I96 input
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw, besriworld, supermoto

More
19 Jul 2023 00:26 #275777 by supermoto
Interesting...i hadn't thought to do it this way because in my mind i considered the ALM connection from the motors to be like an NC switch, but i do not think this is the case of it works in parallel. I recently started to attempt to understand how an optocoupler works, but then quickly realized it was beyond my comprehension and it doesn't matter too much "how" it works so long as i understand what it does.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds