Sample config w/tool length

More
27 Aug 2023 18:31 #279103 by supermoto
Got config files transferred. I didnt initially find a [configs] folder on the original install. I started up pncconf, then later found the folder in main directory. [home/g/linuxcnc/configs].

put my previous config files in there, started 2.9 and got the attached errors.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Aug 2023 20:19 #279114 by supermoto
was able to set up mesa to communicate with PC.  Checked by pinging the mesa.

Tried to start axis and this was latest error (attached).  I would note....this combo of OS and hardware runs very sluggish.  Not sure if that is a part of the problem.  Previous install of the 2.8.4 ran great in terms of response/speed.

Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2023 14:59 #279175 by jmytyk
Replied by jmytyk on topic Sample config w/tool length
looking at the attachments, could you try to make the desktop smaller? the display size: 2560x1440 pixel for the AMD soc is alot of pixels. and if the display manager is eating most of the resources, this could help the situation a little bit.

wild guess here... is this problem related to the real-time thread taking too long? does LCNC kick you out on the first error of this type?

also looking further down the log, there is additional error that might be a crash-on-exit, not necessarily a crash while running. ie. something unloading faster than something else. just guessing here, maybe someone else can chime in?

More
28 Aug 2023 19:02 #279195 by supermoto
Not too sure on the precise timing. To the layman, it crashes after the LCNC splash screen shows up.
Ill try to reduce the screen resolution and see it that helps.

For now, I'll go back to Deb10 and LCNC 2.8.4. If I can easily, ill try and split the SSD and set up a dual boot between the 2 versions. That way I can still be involved in testing 2.9 but still have a usable machine with my previous 2.8.4 setup.

I think getting 2.9 to work in its current state is above my abilities to troubleshoot.

Then again, so is implementing the tool measurement in 2.8.4, so we'll see what I come up with.

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds