A little help understanding what's going on with the pncconf wizard...

More
01 Oct 2023 10:42 #281977 by rodw
I spent some time trying to finalise this installer today but have had some problems. I revised something on feedback from the devs. Then I was getting issues with missing entries in sources.list. And also issues with the mirrors. It relates to stuff Inherited from when I forked the linuxcnc installer.
Its very time consuuming as you have to build the ISO then burn it to a USB, then run the installer.
I know I could use a VM but at this stage, I want to know it works on live hardware.
Hopefully, on the next run I will have cracked it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2023 13:42 #281982 by Sparkman61

I spent some time trying to finalise this installer today but have had some problems. I revised something on feedback from the devs. Then I was getting issues with missing entries in sources.list. And also issues with the mirrors. It relates to stuff Inherited from when I forked the linuxcnc installer.
Its very time consuuming as you have to build the ISO then burn it to a USB, then run the installer.
I know I could use a VM but at this stage, I want to know it works on live hardware.
Hopefully, on the next run I will have cracked it.

I think that it goes without saying that your efforts are very much appreciated by everyone here.  I only wish I could help.  I mean, sure, I can break things and let you know about it but that isn't the kind of help I was talking about. 

Have a great day!

The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Oct 2023 03:07 #282040 by rodw
I think I got it now.
Mainly fluffing around to make sure things are done The Debian Way!

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds