Lichuan AC servos for axes and spindle

More
03 May 2024 15:04 #299638 by EddySPalm
I could do that. I just assumes that "velocity mode" (or was it "speed mode") was beneficial in a setting where I want to do threading and the feedback loop is focused the most on keeping a constant speed, rather than a position (or a torque, which is the third option).

Like with so many of my questions, I feel left a little hanging, wanting to know why using the spinde outputs shouldn't be used? They seem perfect for the job? Is it a forward/reverse problem which I am yet to discover, or something else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2024 15:09 #299639 by PCW
There are a couple issues:

1. No reverse
2. You need a 10V supply

These not a problem when using a VFD
as they supply the 10V and have digital direction inputs

Step/Dir works as-is
The following user(s) said Thank You: EddySPalm

More
08 May 2024 15:22 #300132 by Tinine

Hey Tinine,
Actually, I could use some of your input, as I am about to connect up my spindle motor to the analog input on the servo driver. Do you also have the A5 servo driver? Being Lichuan, the connections might be the same as mine anyway.

Sorry, only just picked-up on your reply. No, I don't have any Lichuan drives as yet....you're the guinea pig, I guess 

More
08 May 2024 20:26 - 08 May 2024 20:32 #300156 by EddySPalm
Thank you so much, PCW, what would I do without you.

Step/dir it is.

Tinine:
Yes, only now it's not looking like I will be connecting any of the three servos to the analog spindle control.
I can be a guinea pig when it comes to "running a Lichuan servo spindle in position mode" though, if that counts for anything ?
Last edit: 08 May 2024 20:32 by EddySPalm.

More
09 May 2024 05:49 #300200 by blazini36
I use Step/Dir on a mill spindle servo, there's no issue with threading (rigid tapping) or whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EddySPalm

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds