Machine hangs on loadtool.ngc

More
04 Nov 2023 18:25 - 04 Nov 2023 18:25 #284553 by skrap58
Hello,
I want to start this post by saying that truly appreciate everyone on the forum and the help that is provided is invaluable to me.

I have recently  upgraded my machine to 2.9 pre and I am runnin it on Ubuntu Lunar 23.04.  I downloaded linuxcnc from the Ubuntu repository.
I am using Axis with ngcgui embedded.
Machine starts as expected with the tabs that I want.  I can home the machine, enter the parameters in the qpocket.ngc sub, touch off on the workpiece but when the run button is pushed nothing happens and there is no error.  When running rectangle.ngc I get the error in the screenshot below.
I have include my .ini file , .hal fie, terminal output, and screenshots hoping that someone can see what I can't seem to see.
Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Last edit: 04 Nov 2023 18:25 by skrap58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2023 10:19 #286009 by andypugh
Firstly: I would strongly recommend updating to the latest LinuxCNC from the LinuxCNC repositories, as there are known bugs in the (old, prerelease) version that found its way into Debian and Ubuntu,
(Though the main bug that bothers me doesn't affect Axis as far as I know)

The error you see is due to LinuxCNC not finding the subroutine "o<check_coord_path3>"
Check that the SUBROUTINE_PATH in your INI is correct.

I had a bit of trouble myself this way recently, but it wasn't related to the issue Iwas interested in, so I fudged ot by dropping my subroutines into nc_files. It's possible that something has changed, but I would have expected to hear more complaints if it had.

More
20 Nov 2023 12:18 #286027 by skrap58
Thank you Andy,

I am taking your advice and updating to 2.9.1.

I appreciate you taking a look.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds