Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: raspberry)

04 Aug 2023 16:02

Remora - ethernet NVEM cnc board

Category: Computers and Hardware

Have you managed to flash firmware with Pi?
Most peeps were on STlink.

Are you asking me? If so, yes. I did use a Raspberry PI Pico. I found this thread last week and I've been following it. I didn't have any ST-Link but I had a few RPI Pico boards. I found this Instructable  showing how to set it up as a DAPLink and then using pyocd to flash it.
01 Aug 2023 22:02

Remora - Rpi Software Stepping Using External Microcontroller via SPI

Category: Computers and Hardware

Hi cakeslob!

I'm finally at the wiring and controller stage of my build and so I'm picking this back up.

Still trying to use the Spider king board and big TMC5160s

I put the firmware.bin file on an SD card and popped it into the spider king. Flash led (red one on the core module) flashed on off for a while then stopped. On reboot there is lots of something going to the serial port but none of it is human readable? I used an Arduino to read the pass the serial to a terminal on my pc like you would a UART to usb adapter.

Is 115200 the correct baud rate? I'm connecting to the Rx/tx pins on the raspberry pi connector on the spider king (I remember that it doesn't use the usb ones by default)

How do I debug before trying to connect the SPI? 
​​
Cheers for your work!
26 Jul 2023 08:34
Replied by PedroSMS on topic QTDragon operation notes

QTDragon operation notes

Category: Installing LinuxCNC

Thank you for your reply.

2.8/2.9 is the linuxcnc version.
2.8 is the current officially released version.
2.9 is close ish - it certainly can be used reliably.

I think you might be missing a library that pops up a message dialog.
If you run linuxcnc/qtdragon from a terminal, it might tell you the library names.
Something like package python-dbus.mainloop.pyqt5

I'll look into the above when I'm back in the workshop...

Probing error - that should be a linuxcnc (not qtdragon) problem

I'm still working out where the demarcation lines are...

sounds like your Z axes acceleration is low. Strange it would be different with AXIS.

Oops! I didn't mean to mislead. I only switched to AXIS to get the error line number. When I found it was the G0 Z2 code, I found a workaround by playing with the Feedrate & Rapidmove override controls...

I can see how the G38.4 would help. I'll give it a go next time.

We almost had proper built in Jog while paused... but that was a long time ago.

Maybe that can be put back on the table.

What distribution of linux are you using? Debian? The floating error messages should work in 2.8 - probably just missing the package.
If you could run linuxcnc from the terminal and post the output, maybe I could see the problem.

I'm using Debian Buster (as supplied in the LinuxCNC ISO).
I do get the floating error messages.
I will run it again from the terminal to check its current state., when I get back to workshop.

I'm not a Debian guru. OpenSUSE is my flavour - either Leap or Tumbleweed.
I have done the odd Raspberry PI with Debian. But the last one I did was with Leap 15.

Kind regards
Pedro

20 Jul 2023 09:59

Error install LinuxCNC to Debian 12

Just follow the instructions and it works. It clearly shows you need to install the linux-image before linuxcnc on a Raspberry Pi.

Also note that if you wish to use the PI's GPIO's you have to install from source to capture a recent change. There is no prebuilt package.
20 Jul 2023 09:33

Error install LinuxCNC to Debian 12

Installing on a Raspberry Pi on Debian 12 is covered on the docs
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/getting-start...etting-linuxcnc.html
It's a bit different to a X86 PC
19 Jul 2023 22:17 - 19 Jul 2023 22:20

Install GladeVCP on Raspberry Pi 4

Category: GladeVCP

Recently I happened to do a fresh install LinuxCNC, today I wanted to build a GUI but Glade suddenly looks very different... The version is 3.38.2, it seems that by default it is not possible anymore to use HAL widgets. Perhaps the above post from COFHAL relates to this?

I am not sure what is meant by "If you already have glade installed, download the corresponding version from Linuxcnc -dev.", maybe could someone tell something about that?
17 Jul 2023 08:32

Network communication fail

Category: Driver Boards

Dear community,

even if this is my first post, I would like to thank you in advance because I love your
posts which were very helpful for me.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for the docu, which very is detailed.
(I sometimes have problems to understand straight away how it is meant, but until now I
got everything working.)
Thanks!

Now to my problem. I retrofitted a CNC lathe with LinuxCNC.
I used a Raspberry PI 4 as a computer with a MESA 7i95. Unfortunately the mesa card goes into error and this happens quite often
resulting in a red light on the mesa card and a "Joint following error" comes along.

Despite the configuration, I am a beginner with Linux and I have no idea how to find out where the problem is, do you have any tips or solutions for me?
Thank you in advance.

PS: Do you know more about the Mesa company? I have a friend who now also would like to build a CNC machine
and I would like to upgrade a milling machine with LinuxCNC.
Unfortunately, the Cards are sold out in Europe for over a year. Can they be bought anywhere else?

PPS: Sorry if the english is hard to understand but my english is so bad
that I always have it translated by a translator.
16 Jul 2023 17:20 - 16 Jul 2023 17:30

RPI4b Revision 7 not supported by HAL_PI_GIO

Category: HAL

startlcnc.txt[/attachment]itsme post=275585 userid=28738"]Unfortunately this workaround is not persistent, after a reboot the cpuinfo is reset by the system and the workaround has to be done again to make LCNC start. 

While waiting for Andy to complete his precious work, download this file to the Raspberry then run the following commands:

sudo cp startlcnc.txt /usr/local/bin/startlcnc
sudo chmod a+x /usr/local/bin/startlcnc

and LinuxCNC will always start at the command:
startlcnc

File Attachment:

File Name: startlcnc_...7-16.txt
File Size:0 KB

P.S.  the system changed the file name by adding day and year. Once downloaded rename it startcnc.txt deleting the addition
16 Jul 2023 16:17

Here is my cpuinfo:
Hardware    : BCM2835
Revision    : c03115
Serial        : 10000000eeeXXXXX
Model        : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5

Did you try the workaround given here?

forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/495...by-hal-pi-gio#275572
16 Jul 2023 16:04 - 16 Jul 2023 16:05

Here is my cpuinfo:
Hardware    : BCM2835
Revision    : c03115
Serial        : 10000000eeeXXXXX
Model        : Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
16 Jul 2023 15:44

However it would be useful to completely review the functioning of the cpuinfo.c and hal_pi_gpio module as suggested in this link www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/comput...ry-pi-revision-codes

cpuinfo.c was changed last night.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/2cb7...602d279d0bf5aca40e26
16 Jul 2023 15:39

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

Some additional information:

I installed xrdp on the RPi.
The ifconfig terminal command outputs 3 sections; etho, lo and wlan0.
The eth0 section contains this line:

inet 192.168.0.111 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255

On my Windows machine I opened the Remote Desktop application, entered “192.168.0.111” in the PC name field, with username linuxcnc and password cnc.

But when I connect I only see a blue greenish empty screen.
After a couple of minutes it shows a "Connection Log" (first photo), when I click the Ok button it opens the "Login to raspberrypi" window (second photo), but entering my username/password brings me back to the empty screen for a couple of minutes, until the  "Connection Log" window appears again.

Rather than using the Windows Remote Desktop, I prefer to use MobaXterm
mobaxterm.mobatek.net/
16 Jul 2023 15:17

The problem is that the cpuinfo.c module needs to be updated.

To temporarily overcome the problem, copy the file /proc/cpuinfo in /tmp with the following command:
cp /proc/cpuinfo /tmp/cpuinfo.txt

Edit the contents of the /tmp/cpuinfo.txt file by changing the Revision to this

Revision: c03112

and then use the following command
mount --bind /tmp/cpuinfo.txt /proc/cpuinfo

and start LinuxCNC.

However it would be useful to completely review the functioning of the cpuinfo.c and hal_pi_gpio module as suggested in this link www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/comput...ry-pi-revision-codes

Let me know what revision your new Raspberry has.
To find out  you need to type
cat /proc/cpuinfo |  grep Revision
15 Jul 2023 11:11

RPI4 Raspbian 64 bit & LinuxCNC

Some additional information:

I installed xrdp on the RPi.
The ifconfig terminal command outputs 3 sections; etho, lo and wlan0.
The eth0 section contains this line:

inet 192.168.0.111 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 192.168.0.255

On my Windows machine I opened the Remote Desktop application, entered “192.168.0.111” in the PC name field, with username linuxcnc and password cnc.

But when I connect I only see a blue greenish empty screen.
After a couple of minutes it shows a "Connection Log" (first photo), when I click the Ok button it opens the "Login to raspberrypi" window (second photo), but entering my username/password brings me back to the empty screen for a couple of minutes, until the  "Connection Log" window appears again.

Displaying 901 - 915 out of 965 results.
Time to create page: 1.715 seconds