Gmoccapy - A new screen for linuxcnc

More
02 Sep 2013 14:43 #38410 by newbynobi
@Marius,

Please report over the results of your test with the controller! And post as much photos you can!
That is exactly the use I made gmoccapy for!
Unfortunately I have to decide go on with the development of gmoccapy or build my own controller panel.

And at the moment I want to add my own error handling and some g-code generator from Rene, so there is still a lot of work to do!

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2013 15:49 #38412 by svenakela

@Marius,

Unfortunately I have to decide go on with the development of gmoccapy or build my own controller panel.

Norbert

What? When I discovered Gmoccapy you are considering leaving it?! No way pal, you're stuck!

More
02 Sep 2013 16:15 #38413 by mariusl

@Marius,

Please report over the results of your test with the controller! And post as much photos you can!
That is exactly the use I made gmoccapy for!

And at the moment I want to add my own error handling and some g-code generator from Rene, so there is still a lot of work to do!

Norbert

When it is done you can see if you like it. We can arrange for you to get one.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
05 Sep 2013 02:16 #38475 by mariusl
Norbert
I tested the DRO problem again and this is what I found

With DTG set and you toggle between G54 and ABS you will find that the text colour that was selected in the settings tab was actually applied to the DRO background. So in short the background colour changes instead of the text colour.

Also I set the NO_FORCE_HOMING in my ini file but that is ignored. Is this supposed to be or is there a procedure here?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
05 Sep 2013 18:04 #38483 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

it is ok, that the background change the color, that it wat it was supposed to do in gmoccapy, The text color will not be touched, the numbers are red when not homed and green when homed.

NO_FORCE_HOMING :
I have no taken a look to that, because IMHO any machine should have homing switches.
I will see, what I can do for you.

Norbert

More
05 Sep 2013 19:32 #38487 by mariusl
Ok the color thing makes sense now. The confusion comes because the label on the option tab says "DRO Text Color" but the option actually sets the background color.

As far as the limit switches are concerned, I do agree with you about the switches but not all people use them and I would like to make sure that they want to use my products as well.
I cannot test on the bench with my controller as I don't have switches connected. It would be nice to use the NO_FORCE_HOMING option.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Sep 2013 01:22 #38494 by newbynobi

Ok the color thing makes sense now. The confusion comes because the label on the option tab says "DRO Text Color" but the option actually sets the background color.

Shame on me, I will change the label!

NO_FORCE_HOMING :
I have no taken a look to that, because IMHO any machine should have homing switches.
I will see, what I can do for you.

I will try to add that to gmoccapy, by the time it takes, couldn't you just set the pins using hal?
Something like setp home-x 1 ? I have never tested that!

Norbert

More
06 Sep 2013 01:39 #38495 by mariusl

I will try to add that to gmoccapy, by the time it takes, couldn't you just set the pins using hal?
Something like setp home-x 1 ? I have never tested that!

Don't think so. There are a number of signals involved and some will only be set once LCNC has done the homing cycle. Maybe Chris can shed some light here.
I will try it though.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
06 Sep 2013 12:54 #38499 by cmorley
Nobert

If you add a check for NO FORCE HOMING to the logic on line 2474, I think that would do it:
I added a or 1==1 to that line just for a quick check and it seems to work.....
def on_hal_status_interp_idle(self,widget):
        self.gscreen.add_alarm_entry("idle")
        widgetlist = ["rbt_manual", "btn_step", "ntb_jog", "btn_from_line", "btn_reload", 
                      "tbtn_flood", "tbtn_mist", "rbt_forward", "rbt_reverse", "rbt_stop", 
                      "btn_load", "btn_edit","tbtn_optional_blocks"
                     ]
        if not self.widgets.rbt_hal_unlock.get_active():
            widgetlist.append("rbt_setup")
        if self.data.all_homed or 1==1:

Chris M

More
06 Sep 2013 12:57 #38500 by cmorley
While I agree on always homing, some people home by manually moving the machine to reference marks.
In this case they need NO FORCE HOMING so they can jog.

Chris M

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds