Probe

More
01 May 2024 18:50 #299498 by MaHa
Probe was created by MaHa
Recently i had an idea for a 3d probe construction. As I build everything myself, started making this handful of parts and then assembled. The measure repeatability is within 0.01-0.02mm, which is at the limit, but ok for my purpose. The Ruby tip is 2mm, overall length 79mm and 52mm Diameter

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S, rodw, Unlogic

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2024 19:32 #299504 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Probe
Very nice, thank you.

More
02 May 2024 08:52 #299537 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Probe

Very nice, thank you.

More
02 May 2024 17:25 #299571 by Unlogic
Replied by Unlogic on topic Probe
That looks like a very thoroughly built probe.

More
10 May 2024 04:32 #300287 by DEVILHUNTER
Replied by DEVILHUNTER on topic Probe
Really cool. Do you read the photodiodes directly? The amplification circuit with a precise comparator to activate the probe with the slightiest change in light is key. Have you measured lobule error? This optical probes have better performance on that that pure kinematic ones, a must for machines without spindle orient.

More
10 May 2024 11:02 #300303 by MaHa
Replied by MaHa on topic Probe
There are 2 PNP output, light-on (used for the led's) and also dark-on, which trigger probe input. The object to control the lightbeam looks like this, the small diameter is machined 0.25 - 0.3mm. Years ago i did some testing about this, and this design worked well for me.

I clamp the probe in oriented position, but it needs compensation. My probing routines can handle multiple probes 4, quadrants error compensated. I use the toolnumber for the compensation file, eg T999, to call the compensation parameter,  'o#5400 call'  does read 999.ngc and loads global variables for this probe. Then the results are repeated within 0.02mm

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds