Remora - ethernet NVEM / EC300 / EC500 cnc board

More
12 Jun 2024 20:47 #302902 by Ray_TL00
buenas necesito la ayuda de algun experto ,, yo soy un novato en esto pero quiero aprender,, a la hora de cargar los componentes me sale este error....

root@debian:/home/cnc/a# sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c
make KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS=/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc/Module.symvers -C /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=gcc V=0 modules
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae'
  CC [M]  /tmp/tmpzUQBBA/remora-eth.o
/tmp/tmpzUQBBA/remora-eth.c:26:18: fatal error: math.h: No existe el fichero o el directorio
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [/tmp/tmpzUQBBA/remora-eth.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** [_module_/tmp/tmpzUQBBA] Error 2
make[2]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae'
make: *** [modules] Error 2
root@debian:/home/cnc/

yo uso debian 7 wezly i386 (((linuxcnc 2.8.4))))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2024 22:19 #302910 by scotta

Hi Everyone,
recently I was trying to get started with EC500. I was able to flash the firmware and was able to ping the board on the 10.10.10.10 address. It worked nicely with a pico probe and pyocd.

However, I continuously get joint following errors on all my joints while jogging and while executing gcodes. I cannot get rid of them.

Also, the following error is very high, even at low speeds it is more than 1mm. I also tried to increase the P gain or to increase the spike filter in remora-eth.c component without success.
My computer has the following latency  values:

If I ping the board over a longer period of time, I get following values:

There are some outliers with high ping, but they are rare.

I already tried to reduce the jitter:
- Isolated two cores
- Moved kernel threads to the non isolated core
- Moved NIC interrupt to the isolated core

I can think there can be two source of problems now:
1. Latency jitter of the NIC
2. Latency jitter of the PC (Fujitsu Esprimo P556)

Can you give me some advice please how to debug this problem? How could I trace down which one is the issue?
Thank you for your help.

Hi, it's very unlikely that following errors are being caused by jitter. The control loop should compensate for that. Why do you have your [TRAJ] MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY so much lower than you [JOINT_n] MAX_VELOCITY? 

The [TRAJ] MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY should be higher than the joint max velocities otherwise the frequency command will be limited.
github.com/scottalford75/Remora-RT1052-c...emora-eth-3.0.c#L545

This means that the control loop would never be able to catch up the following error.

Also, it looks like you are not you loading the latest version of the component. loadrt remora-eth-3.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: hydroid7

More
14 Jun 2024 16:36 #303011 by raf1110
Hi guysI have not seen that anyone mentioned LCD display that can be connected to NVEM boards via serial port (small white)There is not much info on AliExpress
Warning: Spoiler!

Could this be easily implemented to be used directly with board? 
I do not own it myself but more info if this is touchscreen with jog or just preview for DRO.

I will just leave it here for initial data collection
Attachments:

More
15 Jun 2024 19:56 #303070 by hydroid7
Hi Scott,
thank you for the hint. I'm loading the right version, just renamed it to keep overview.

I increased the values as my new attached INI configuration. I increased the [TRAJ]MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY to a large value.
The P gain that worked best is 1000 (similar to a mesa configuration). I set the FF1 gain to 0.95, which gives reasonable results.

Now, the error comes not immediately, but for after 3-4 seconds, most often at the end of a jog move.

In this example, I'm jogging alternatively in positive and in negative directions. The following error has some very large sudden spikes.I made the spike filter parametric and experimented with different values, but they do not make any difference (n=2,4,8, m=500).
Attachments:

More
17 Jun 2024 16:25 #303188 by raf1110
Hi everyone

How have you resolved your ENA output on NVEMv5 board in linuxcnc HAL file and in config.txt if different?
I have tried OUT1 on remora.output.00 and @cakeslob help with no success.
Could this work on Aaxis outputs pins.

More
18 Jun 2024 23:52 #303310 by cakeslob
To clairify what Raf is talking about,
We are trying to set the enable pin for the stepper drivers, to control them from linuxcnc like normal. We are wondering how everyone else is wiring up their enable pin. Im not finding any examples of it in the configs, so it made me curious. Wondering what pin was used and how you wired it, it would be appreciated.

More
19 Jun 2024 02:32 #303315 by Ray_TL00
This is the error that appears after compiling remora-eth.c

Root@debian:/usr/include# sudo halcompile --install remora-eth.c
make KBUILD_EXTRA_SYMBOLS=/usr/realtime-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae/modules/linuxcnc/Module.symvers -C /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae SUBDIRS=`pwd` CC=gcc V=0 modules
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-rtai-686-pae'
  CC [M]  /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.o
In file included from /usr/include/features.h:356:0,
                 from /usr/include/math.h:28,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:26:
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/cdefs.h:287:0: warning: "__always_inline" redefined [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/compiler.h:48:0,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/ioport.h:12,
                 from /usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi.h:673,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:22:
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/compiler-gcc.h:112:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/math.h:47:0,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:26:
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/mathdef.h:48:6: warning: "__FP_FAST_FMA" is not defined [-Wundef]
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/mathdef.h:52:6: warning: "__FP_FAST_FMAF" is not defined [-Wundef]
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/mathdef.h:56:6: warning: "__FP_FAST_FMAL" is not defined [-Wundef]
In file included from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/fcntl.h:25:0,
                 from /usr/include/fcntl.h:34,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:27:
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:61:17: error: conflicting types for ‘dev_t’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/ioport.h:13:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:24:25: note: previous declaration of ‘dev_t’ was here
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:71:18: error: conflicting types for ‘mode_t’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/ioport.h:13:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:26:26: note: previous declaration of ‘mode_t’ was here
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:76:19: error: conflicting types for ‘nlink_t’
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:28:26: note: previous declaration of ‘nlink_t’ was here
In file included from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:133:0,
                 from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/fcntl.h:25,
/usr/include/time.h:104:19: error: conflicting types for ‘timer_t’
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:34:26: note: previous declaration of ‘timer_t’ was here
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:212:0: warning: "__BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:104:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/select.h:44:0,
                 from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:220,
/usr/include/time.h:120:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct timespec’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/preempt.h:9:0,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/spinlock.h:50,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/seqlock.h:29,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/time.h:8,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:60,
                 from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/module.h:10,
                 from /usr/include/linuxcnc/rtapi.h:781,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/thread_info.h:12:8: note: originally defined here
In file included from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/select.h:46:0,
                 from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:220,
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/time.h:75:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct timeval’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:60:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/time.h:20:8: note: originally defined here
In file included from /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:220:0,
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/select.h:78:5: error: conflicting types for ‘fd_set’
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:23:26: note: previous declaration of ‘fd_set’ was here
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/sys/types.h:236:20: error: conflicting types for ‘blkcnt_t’
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:140:13: note: previous declaration of ‘blkcnt_t’ was here
In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:41:0,
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/stat.h:39:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct stat’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:6:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/arch/x86/include/asm/stat.h:7:8: note: originally defined here
In file included from /usr/include/fcntl.h:41:0,
/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/bits/stat.h:96:8: error: redefinition of ‘struct stat64’
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:6:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/arch/x86/include/asm/stat.h:33:8: note: originally defined here
In file included from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:27:0:
/usr/include/fcntl.h:43:0: warning: "S_IFMT" redefined [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/module.h:10:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:12:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:44:0: warning: "S_IFDIR" redefined [enabled by default]
In file included from /usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/module.h:10:0,
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:17:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:45:0: warning: "S_IFCHR" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:18:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:46:0: warning: "S_IFBLK" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:16:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:47:0: warning: "S_IFREG" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:15:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:49:0: warning: "S_IFIFO" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:19:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:52:0: warning: "S_IFLNK" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:14:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:55:0: warning: "S_IFSOCK" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:13:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:60:0: warning: "S_ISUID" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:20:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:61:0: warning: "S_ISGID" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:21:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:65:0: warning: "S_ISVTX" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:22:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:68:0: warning: "S_IRUSR" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:33:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:69:0: warning: "S_IWUSR" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:34:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:70:0: warning: "S_IXUSR" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:35:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:72:0: warning: "S_IRWXU" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:32:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:74:0: warning: "S_IRGRP" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:38:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:75:0: warning: "S_IWGRP" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:39:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:76:0: warning: "S_IXGRP" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:40:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:78:0: warning: "S_IRWXG" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:37:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:80:0: warning: "S_IROTH" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:43:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:81:0: warning: "S_IWOTH" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:44:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:82:0: warning: "S_IXOTH" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:45:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
/usr/include/fcntl.h:84:0: warning: "S_IRWXO" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/stat.h:42:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:24:0,
                 from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:34:
/usr/include/stdint.h:129:23: error: conflicting types for ‘uintptr_t’
/usr/src/linux-headers-3.4-9-common-rtai/include/linux/types.h:45:24: note: previous declaration of ‘uintptr_t’ was here
In file included from /usr/include/arpa/inet.h:23:0,
                 from /tmp/tmpROLsSj/remora-eth.c:34:
/usr/include/netinet/in.h:365:17: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘(’ token
/usr/include/ne

More
19 Jun 2024 14:26 #303350 by cakeslob
Hey Ray, first, I think you should be installing this one, if you are using the RT1052 version
github.com/cakeslob/Remora-RT1052-cpp/tr...omponents/Remora-eth

second, I think your linux version is probably to old. weezy is old, and thats most likely why it wont compile

More
19 Jun 2024 16:43 #303362 by Ray_TL00
Thank you very much I thought I was not going to get help, the version I use is nvem v2 which has the SMT 32 microcontroller, I have a PC with an x86 processor, the latest version that supports this architecture I understand that it is whezly although I have updated to Linuxcnc 2.8.4 ...is there a solution to make it work with whezly?

More
19 Jun 2024 18:45 - 19 Jun 2024 18:46 #303375 by cakeslob
ok good, so you are using the correct component for your board for the STM32

What to make it work? I am not sure. I am not 100% sure its because you are using wheezy, but I think its very likely. The kernel looks like 3.4? Which is very old, and wheezy was released over 10 years ago. I didnt know of a solution

is the RT kernel RTAI? that could be why maybe
Last edit: 19 Jun 2024 18:46 by cakeslob.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds