Multiple instances of feed hold

More
16 Sep 2013 08:16 #38870 by JR1050
I need to have multiple pins of feed hold available. As of now, there is one pin in Halui, which is great for a feed hold button, but can only be attached to one component. I would like to be able to invoke feed hold during a gear shift, tool change ,pallet change and with a button on my operator panel. I probably could do multiple or's in my hal file . I was thinking some along these lines, as a component and loading it for multiple instances.

mponent feedhold;

/// inputs ////
pin in bit feed_hold_on; //bit for setting feed hold

///outputs///

pin out bit prog_resume; //connect to halui.program.resume
pin out bit feed_hold; //connect to halui.program.pause

function _ nofp;
license "gpl";
;;

FUNCTION(_)
{

if((feed_hold_on)==1)
{
feed_hold =1;
prog_resume=0;
}
else;
if((feed_hold_on)==0)
{
feed_hold =0;
prog_resume=1;
}

}

I suspect it wont work though, so that brings me to tying directly into the actual program pause pin in Emc. How do I do this? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2013 13:57 #38874 by cmorley
motion.feed-hold is the pin to use.

You still need an or component for multiple inputs.
and it can be masked if M53 p1 is set.

Liuxcnc need a non maskable feedhold probably a few of them.

Chris M

More
16 Sep 2013 19:01 - 17 Sep 2013 03:21 #38882 by andypugh

I need to have multiple pins of feed hold available

Use: www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/logic.9.html
To create a 5-input logical OR function and connect that to motion.feed-hold.

However, I really don't think you need what you think you need. Tool-change and pallet-change can't happen during a feed move (simply because the interpreter won't see the M6 until the end of the G1). If you are doing gear-changes sourced from HAL then it might be appropriate there, though for gear changes you might find the motion.spindle-at-speed input pin to be more appropriate:
www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html#PINS
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 03:21 by andypugh.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:08 #38898 by JR1050
Multiple or's will work, but this is kind of a work around and having to program m53(?) in each program is asking for trouble. Halui pause and motion.feed-hold must connect to some command I can get to directly. I was looking thru the source code and run into nml of some sort for feed pause, which seems like its the thing Im looking for, so can I just call on it, does it live in a header file? How do I use this? The manuals are pretty sketchy about accessing and using nml commands.Thanks.

More
17 Sep 2013 03:23 #38901 by andypugh

Multiple or's will work, but this is kind of a work around and having to program m53(?) in each program is asking for trouble.

Why do you think that you need this, when nobody else ever has?

In most cases the system already stops the feed when it ought to.

More
17 Sep 2013 05:33 #38906 by JR1050
Im guessing Im needing this because Im the first person to ever put this control on a Brown &Sharpe mill and these monsters have some very unique devices on them that have to.follow a.strict protocall or disaster strikes. The transmission can only be shifted in one spot,which is also spindle orient and tool change position. It is imperative that nothing else move while the spindle orients. In addition, and most importantly,the mahine has to be safe, I cant have an operator forget an m code,cause a crash and possibly get hurt. This machine weighs 15,000 lbs,has a 3000 lb head that is not counter balanced and is 12 ft tall. Im following the protocall of.the original Ge 1050 because it worked for the last 30 years. It is not a case of being difficult, On a Fanuc you can tie any process to feedhold, Im.trying to.do the same here.

More
17 Sep 2013 05:34 #38907 by cmorley

Multiple or's will work, but this is kind of a work around and having to program m53(?) in each program is asking for trouble. Halui pause and motion.feed-hold must connect to some command I can get to directly. I was looking thru the source code and run into nml of some sort for feed pause, which seems like its the thing Im looking for, so can I just call on it, does it live in a header file? How do I use this? The manuals are pretty sketchy about accessing and using nml commands.Thanks.

I think you will find halui's feed hold is also ignorable by setting m53 p1.
halui uses the NML commands.

Chris M

More
17 Sep 2013 05:38 #38909 by cmorley
You are not the first who has needed a non maskable feed-hold but it is uncommon.

Andy is asking because if we understand exactly what you are trying to do we may be able to find answers for you.
It's not cause we think your being difficult.

Chris M

More
17 Sep 2013 06:22 #38911 by JR1050
I do appreciate everyones help and input. I was just trying to be specfic and Im thinking in,around,thru and outside the box. Being able to create a componet is powerful, it gets rid of the box!!! This is a unique machine,not rare, just different. Ill post some pics. And thanks to every one for your help, I.did not mean to.come across ungrateful.

More
17 Sep 2013 06:58 #38912 by cmorley
halui.program.pause is not maskable with m53 I was wrong.
a pause requires a resume though, not just a false on the pause pin.

pause does not stop jogging in manual but motion.feed-hold does

I have a patch for feed-interlock pins to be added to linuxcnc. (for future release if accepted)
I picked four interlock pins does that seem reasonable?
How about spindle interlock pins?

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds