Working hy_vfd hal file.

More
04 Sep 2018 17:25 #117067 by Rogla
I have searched for a complete working hal file for hy_vfd but have not found what I'm looking for.
I understand the loaduser command and how to set the parameters in the VFD for the modbus communication.

Can someone please direct me to a working example of a hy_vfd hal file?

Also, is it possible to use one of the serial ports on the MESA 7i76e card instead of an USB-RS485 adapter?

/Roger L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2018 21:26 #117073 by curtisa
Replied by curtisa on topic Working hy_vfd hal file.
I'm currently working on re-writing the documentation for this component. What is it that isn't working for you with hy_vfd?

Not sure about using the RS422 port on the 7i76e. The manual says it's primarily intended for communicating with other Mesa cards via the SSERIAL protocol, so there may be an incompatability between the VFD and the port at a higher level. At the very least you'd still need some kind of RS485 to RS422 converter.

More
05 Sep 2018 06:20 #117082 by Rogla
Replied by Rogla on topic Working hy_vfd hal file.
I have not tried the modbus connection yet, will get a USB-RS485 adapter soon. The only problem for me is to understand what I'm supposed to put in the hal file. I used pncconfig to generate the hal file so I'm not very familiar with the syntax and and how to edit the hal.

The problem is two fold:
1) There are threads on the forum that discusses hy_vfd, but I have not been able to find any example of a hal file. The threads tends to deal with specific problems and it is tedious to go through a lot of problem solving that lacks information needed.

2) Suggestion of improvements of the hy_vfd manual:
- The pins lacks information in clear text about what property and what unit they represent.
- It would be great if you could put an example hal file in the manual.

And thanks for your feedback regarding the serial port on 7i76e, I put that thought to rest.

More
05 Sep 2018 06:51 #117083 by curtisa
Replied by curtisa on topic Working hy_vfd hal file.
Pin descriptions are already updated in the re-write I currently have under way. Working examples and usage are also on my things-to-do list.

Attached is the custom.hal and custom_postgui.hal configs for my machine. They're nothing more than copies of the examples given in the often-referred-to Youtube video by Marco Reps and have worked with my Huanyang VFD from day 1.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rogla

More
05 Sep 2018 07:14 #117084 by Rogla
Replied by Rogla on topic Working hy_vfd hal file.
Great and many thanks, exactly what I was looking for!

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds