Mesa cards in Europe

More
30 Jan 2013 03:37 #29280 by arvidb
Mesa cards in Europe was created by arvidb
Hi! After a lot of reading it seems that a Mesa 6i25+7i77 kit would be the right setup for me. I've found the links to two European resellers here on linuxcnc.org:

www.duzi.cz/shop_cnc/index.php?main_page=index
www.retrofit-plus.at/en/MESA/

However, Retrofit+ does not seem to be very quick to answer emails (I sent them a very simple question whether the 7i43 they sell is the -U or the -U-4 variant some two days ago).

Mesa Electronics for Europe (the duzi.cz site) doesn't even have the most basic contact info listed anywhere on their site as far as I can see, which kind of rules them out for me (unless they have a really good reputation here on the forum).

Also, none of the above stores list the 6i25+7i77 combo.

Any ideas? Should I buy directly from Mesa US? If so, I'm not really happy about having to call in the credit card info... I would love a webshop or a Paypal alternative!

If you live in Europe, how did you buy your Mesa HW?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2013 05:38 #29283 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Mesa cards in Europe
Other sources are Lascar electronics in Germany
or just order directly from Mesa

More
30 Jan 2013 13:43 #29294 by bjames28
Replied by bjames28 on topic Mesa cards in Europe

Hi! After a lot of reading it seems that a Mesa 6i25+7i77 kit would be the right setup for me. I've found the links to two European resellers here on linuxcnc.org:

www.duzi.cz/shop_cnc/index.php?main_page=index
www.retrofit-plus.at/en/MESA/

However, Retrofit+ does not seem to be very quick to answer emails (I sent them a very simple question whether the 7i43 they sell is the -U or the -U-4 variant some two days ago).

Mesa Electronics for Europe (the duzi.cz site) doesn't even have the most basic contact info listed anywhere on their site as far as I can see, which kind of rules them out for me (unless they have a really good reputation here on the forum).

Hi,

Retrofit replied to my question, but also with few days delay. They seems OK, but I didn't order from them yet, I plan to do so next week. They don't allow use of PayPal.

As for Duzi, you first have to register to the site, and then you have some contact information. My colleagues order regularly from Duzi, no problems.

Regards:
James

More
30 Jan 2013 19:09 #29303 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa cards in Europe

I have ordered from them with no problems. They seem reliable. They have no direct connection with Mesa, despite appearances to the contrary.

Ordering direct from Mesa works too, though there is more risk of semi-random import duties and customs handling charges from the postal service.
It would be nice if the Mesa website was a bit more 21st century, rather than depending on you telegraphing a bankers draft :-)

More
30 Jan 2013 23:53 #29315 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic Mesa cards in Europe
Ok, it seems all options are still open then. :)

Thank you all for your replies!

More
14 Feb 2013 00:28 #30028 by arvidb
Replied by arvidb on topic Mesa cards in Europe
Well, yesterday I finally got a response from Retrofit+, only, what is it, 14 days after I sent my question...

Yesterday I also got the package that I ordered from Mesa (mesanet.com) 3 working days earlier. So far, Mesa's service has been nothing but excellent! (The only thing that could possibly have been better was that they didn't send me the tracking number for the package until I asked for it. On the other hand, I got the reply with the tracking number within 10 minutes of asking for it! Very nice! :cheer: )

More
24 Aug 2013 09:19 #38022 by KenC
Replied by KenC on topic Mesa cards in Europe
Don't mean to hijack the thread.
I've been communicating with Mesanet. Its time to dish out my plastic but I'm concern with the payment mode.
Payment instruction by Lily Wun is to fax my card details over. but I'm concern with handing over my card details to anyone.
Did you guys pay Mesa via any sort of secured site or Paypal?
Most appreciate all the help I can get.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
KenC

More
24 Aug 2013 14:52 #38026 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Mesa cards in Europe

Don't mean to hijack the thread.
I've been communicating with Mesanet. Its time to dish out my plastic but I'm concern with the payment mode.
Payment instruction by Lily Wun is to fax my card details over. but I'm concern with handing over my card details to anyone.
Did you guys pay Mesa via any sort of secured site or Paypal?
Most appreciate all the help I can get.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
KenC

no need to worry Ken they have a good pedigree , and extremely well known in Linuxcnc land .
and support Linuxcnc 100% .

More
24 Aug 2013 19:47 #38031 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Mesa cards in Europe

I'm concern with the payment mode.
Payment instruction by Lily Wun is to fax my card details over.

This is a case of Mesa being annoyingly too careful with the card details.

I managed to persuade them to let me send the information in two separate emails, if I recall correctly.

You can 100% trust Mesa, many of us know PCW personally.

They are working on a web-shop. I am not sure when it will be ready, but you can see the skeleton of it if you guess the right URL :-)

More
25 Aug 2013 03:23 - 25 Aug 2013 03:23 #38041 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Mesa cards in Europe
I just give Lili my CC info over the phone when I order. Oh I'm on the other side of the pond from you guys... guess it is different over there.

JT
Last edit: 25 Aug 2013 03:23 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds