Mesa ordering?? and Bridgeport Retrofit

More
30 Jun 2015 11:39 #60275 by TntSalad
Hey everyone, glad to finally be on this forum.

Here is the shortened story... I got lucky enough to score a free-ish Bridgeport 300. Took out most of the old circuit boards, used household 240 for taps on one of the transformers/DC supply to get close enough voltage to get the amps turning the motors using a 9V to bypass the run-enable and a AA for velocity ref (let me know if you have questions, I think the amps are aftermarket on this machine though). Now, I have been trying to place an order at store.mesanet.com/ for a 7I77-5I25 PLUG-N-GO KIT . I went through the ordering process, charge was pending for about a week until my bank cancelled it(that's what happens when vendor never processes a transaction). I tried to call mesa at (510)223-9272, answering machine asks to use the online contact form. So, I tried that, and no answer(I emailed a question to the "support team" around three weeks ago with the same results, but it was from a gmail account, so figured it went to junk or something). Anyone else had the same experience trying to contact those people or is it just me?

Mesa cards would be a convenient/straight forward option in my case, because I can use the same servos/amps, but with that kind of customer communications I am about to just spend a bit more money and go with pico-systems, then spend even more money...sigh.. and upgrade the motors/drives too, which brings me to another question.... can anyone pitch in on if one is better than the other? Most of the reviews I can find are on Mesa cards.

Thanks!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2015 12:07 #60277 by PCW
You should be able to order through the store, Normally pending orders are only canceled at 30 days by
authorize.net I've never heard of one being canceled sooner. We currently have a 1 to 2 week lead time
on most orders
The following user(s) said Thank You: TntSalad

More
30 Jun 2015 19:43 #60287 by TntSalad

You should be able to order through the store, Normally pending orders are only canceled at 30 days by
authorize.net I've never heard of one being canceled sooner. We currently have a 1 to 2 week lead time
on most orders

PCW, I am guessing you work at Mesa? Good to know, thank you. I have USAA for a bank, they do this thing called funds blocking when you buy something. This block automatically expires after 7-10 days, sometimes it seems to screw up the transaction. I tried to find a link to a policy, but couldn't, so this is just me talking from experience at this point.

Lead times are pretty standard anywhere you go and 2 weeks is nothing quite honestly, but usually there is some sort of an indication or a follow up. I would still love to get the cards and start breaking chip on the CNC. Thank you for your reply.

More
02 Jul 2015 21:35 - 02 Jul 2015 21:48 #60343 by dkmc
Peter,
Please explain how that works.
If you currently have a 2 week lead time, how come i have been waiting 4 weeks for my 5i25/7i77 combo order to ship?
When I called the other day (I think 2 days ago) I was told it was boxed and sitting there ready to ship, had been for some time, but had not shipped yet. I understand you had production issues, and are short handed, but from my recent experience, 1-2 week ship dates just are not happening.
I have been waiting patiently, but when I read 1-2 weeks and I've been waiting a lot longer, I have to speak up and ask
questions.

Dan K

EDIT: Oh, I see you hit my CC this morning, so maybe that means my order has finally shipped!
Good news.

PS
Pete, there are SO many of us out there that REALLY appreciate all you do for the DIY CNC community.
Your products are nothing short of genius!
WE ALL thank you for all your efforts, and wish you the best of luck with everything you do!
Last edit: 02 Jul 2015 21:48 by dkmc.

More
02 Jul 2015 21:51 #60345 by PCW
Most store orders are 1-2 weeks now, when you ordered we did not have 7I77s
and probably your order got pushed behind the store orders, Your order was shipped yesterday

More
03 Jul 2015 12:41 #60364 by sprintertrd
I just ordered a 6i25 & 7i77 combo and the store had them in stock.

Does this mean a 1 to 2 week time to process the order and then shipping time added to that?

More
03 Jul 2015 22:44 #60384 by PCW
Yes, current store turnaround for standard items is about 1 to 2 weeks
The following user(s) said Thank You: sprintertrd, TntSalad

More
19 Sep 2015 00:07 #62761 by boyzo
Hello PCW,

Here in Europe I am not able to get 7I80HD-16. Distributors claim that they are waiting for orders several month. There is also problems with 5I20. I can wait for some time, but nobody can't give me any dates. Do you know something more?

Thanks

More
19 Sep 2015 01:10 #62764 by PCW
Both 7I80HDs and 5I20s were out or stock, we just received 5I20s and 7I80HDs
should be available sometime next week

More
03 Jan 2016 03:26 #67740 by TntSalad
Been 6 months since I started the Bridgeport retrofit project, but in reality I've only spent around a week or so of real work on it, nothing beyond a screwdriver and wire cutters, was caught up with work and trying to graduate. Everything went great, no issues. Here she is up and running LinuxCNC with Mesa 5i25 and 7i77 all rewired for residential 230V. Total cost of under $500. Just needs a little calibration. If anyone stumbles on this post in the future, trying to do the same thing to a Bridgeport 300 or 308, don't hesitate to PM me.
Attachments:

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds