Close loop controller

More
01 May 2019 05:28 #132411 by aventtini
Hi guys , i have a dilemma regarding a close loop controller . Im trying to make a retrofit on a large machine and i want to use this: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Real-Time-Compensatio...Driver-/163109051135

The Chinese says it dont work with servo , i cant imagine why. I will use a linear scale and a servo motor. He told me on we chat :The difference between a stepper motor and a servo motor is that, at the micro level, the response capability differs greatly. I have seen it has plus/dir and a ttl encoder so if the command is same what can the problem?

Andrei

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2019 05:30 - 01 May 2019 05:37 #132412 by aventtini
Replied by aventtini on topic Close loop controller
This is the manual

docdro.id/jrT30S8
Last edit: 01 May 2019 05:37 by aventtini.

More
01 May 2019 09:58 #132417 by Hakan
Replied by Hakan on topic Close loop controller
Couldn't get much out of the manual ;)

What I have seen is that a P/D servo is pretty much the same as a stepper motor. You of course need to tune the servo for good repsonse, you don't need that with the stepper motor.

For the position closed loop I have seen that a servo needs/benefits greatly from a large I-factor, stepper motor don't. I would say one absolutely need a large I with a P/D servo. So make sure that box support an I-term,

And, I guess you know, you can easily do what the box does inside linuxcnc itself.

More
01 May 2019 10:01 #132418 by aventtini
I was thanking same about pid . I will ajust from servo drive . I know its easy in linuxcnc inahve done lots of machines. Now its diffrent application.

More
01 May 2019 11:21 - 01 May 2019 11:22 #132425 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Close loop controller
Some of the newer servo drives do work with step and direction signals. But this is at teh controller end (eg parallel port or mesa card attached to the servo controller.). Most of the others are an AC or DC motor with an encoder attached.

I don't think any servo could be run from a standard stepper controller. You will need a compatible servo controller. Sorry but I don't have the experience but to start with I'd post the make and model of the motor and a good clear photo of the motor and the manufacturer's ID plate and I'm sure people will help.
Last edit: 01 May 2019 11:22 by rodw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aventtini

More
01 May 2019 18:29 #132452 by Hakan
I took for granted that this box should go in between the stepper motor driver and the CNC controller. Alternatively, the Step/Direction servo motor driver. Together with the encoder from the motor it will close the position loop.

There is already closed loop/hybrid stepper motors that should do this, I guess that box add that functionality. The closed loop stepper motor position loop doesn't add very much in performance. And it is not customizable/tunable at least the ones I have. Maybe this box can add some functionality to a standard stepper motor.

More
01 May 2019 18:35 #132454 by aventtini
I will make some pictures of the servodrives the have puls/dir the motors have 4kw 21nm with encoder on them. My plan is to use this bord between the control and servodrive. I have seen olso larkin from viper has a simiar board , step lock is called

Andrei

More
01 May 2019 19:02 #132456 by Hakan
Is there an english manual?

More
01 May 2019 19:09 #132457 by aventtini
No thats the problem . I have a friend that setup one . And i have seen on cnc.ru a topic about this but olso with google translate

More
02 May 2019 09:21 #132499 by aventtini
This is the Servodrive
Attachments:

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds