Power for 7i96

More
25 Mar 2021 20:37 #203639 by MattK
Power for 7i96 was created by MattK
Hi All,

I posted another post about what card to get to run a 6040 while I built up my own CNC, well the delivery Gods showed up today with a 7i96 Mesa card and a pair of 7.3A 48V power supplies and (4) 4.0A NEMA stepper motor drivers from Steppersonline. Isn't it nice to have Fedex, UPS and the postal service all show up the same day to give you prizes?

I am still awaiting cabling and aircraft connectors but have some questions about the other power I will need in the control box

The mesa card requires 5V - question I have is how many amps?

Also if I am going to do homing/limit switches, what voltage / amperage power do I need for those?

bonus question - since the homing switches are what I am considering a basic continuity test, could I just power the switches with the same 5V power supply I need for the Mesa board?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2021 20:59 #203641 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Power for 7i96
A 1A 5V supply is more than sufficient for the 7I96
Typically limit switches run at 12 or 24V, 5V is OK
but may not be as reliable

More
25 Mar 2021 23:14 #203649 by MattK
Replied by MattK on topic Power for 7i96
Thank you for that info, I am making an assumption the limit switches don't need a lot of amps

I found the following power supply on ebay (I have no affiliation with the seller) , 5V 6 amps, 12v 3 Amps
www.ebay.com/itm/Mean-Well-RD-65A-AC-to-...3:g:icoAAOSwal5YH3ka

Is this appropriate?

Also are there other longer term items that I am not thinking of which I would want in the control box that only run on 24v? ie fans, coolant pumps etc that would run on 24V

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds