7i76 connection issues

More
23 May 2021 00:12 - 23 May 2021 00:14 #209866 by Stepping3D
Hi everyone,
I am hoping someone might have a suggestion of what to do about my 7i76e, that seems to be having connection issues.
The machine was working perfectly about two months ago, when I was jogging the axis and switching the spindle on/off etc. I then shut the machine down and left it, and when trying to start it up again this week to continue setting up, I get the errors in the attached screen shot.
I am using RT Linux on a rPi 4 (tried both 4gb and 8gb models which I have here) with all the Linux os updates. I have also read every suggestion for similar issues on this forum, with no luck fixing my issue so far. The most confusing part is that it was working perfectly before shutting down and now i can’t jog or anything... I also can’t remember changing anything in between times... I can read the status with “readhmid” by running the command in terminal and have tried flashing the latest *.bit file as a last resort, but I still just get all the same issues after a successful flash.
I am not sure what else to attach here to help with diagnosis, so if there’s anything else I can check and upload here please let me know. I am fairly comfortable in Linux, and work with CNC machines every day in my job, but am still definitely a novice with LinuxCNC and Linux in general.
Thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 23 May 2021 00:14 by Stepping3D.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2021 00:29 #209868 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i76 connection issues
What does
uname -a
say ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stepping3D

More
23 May 2021 02:03 #209875 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic 7i76 connection issues
As tommylight is inferring, this is a real time issue with the host, not related to the 7I76E

More
23 May 2021 11:23 #209891 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic 7i76 connection issues
Chances are it rebooted into the generic kernel, not the RT one needed for running machines.
Try holding down the shift buttons when booting and choose a kernel with RT in the name.

More
23 May 2021 22:52 #209955 by Stepping3D
Replied by Stepping3D on topic 7i76 connection issues
Awesome thanks guys, I don't know how I missed this. Uname -a basically said I am not in RT linux.... I will try and fix this and give it a go today. I know this was said in a number of topics so apologies for missing this and creating a new one!!

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds