mesa 7i95T control intermediate relay problem

More
28 Jun 2023 03:54 #274356 by madjonr
hi everyone!
mesa 7i95T has no DC 24V power  interface, how can I use mesa card to control DC 24V intermediate relay, the voltage of the intermediate relay coil is DC 24V, the operating voltage is 220V. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2023 07:55 #274371 by rmu
It has 6 isolated outputs that can drive up to 36V and 2A each according to datasheet, that should suffice for a relay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: madjonr

More
28 Jun 2023 11:37 #274384 by madjonr

It has 6 isolated outputs that can drive up to 36V and 2A each according to datasheet, that should suffice for a relay.

Is it stepped up to 36V through the 5V of the P3 interface? Or does it need another power supply. Sorry, I'm a newbie.

More
28 Jun 2023 11:45 - 28 Jun 2023 11:52 #274385 by besriworld
You must install an external 24v power supply .

ps: " The 6 isolated outputs use full floating MOSFET switches ( a DC Solid State Relay or SSR ) and can be used just like a switch or relay contact. Maximum voltage is 36 VDC and maximum load current is 2A. Inductive loads must have a flyback diode. The output polarity must be observed (reversed outputs will be stuck-on). Note: The 7I95T outputs are not short circuit protected so a current limited power supply or a 2A to 5A fuse should be used in the power source that supplies the outputs."
Last edit: 28 Jun 2023 11:52 by besriworld.

More
28 Jun 2023 12:09 #274386 by madjonr

You must install an external 24v power supply .

ps: " The 6 isolated outputs use full floating MOSFET switches ( a DC Solid State Relay or SSR ) and can be used just like a switch or relay contact. Maximum voltage is 36 VDC and maximum load current is 2A. Inductive loads must have a flyback diode. The output polarity must be observed (reversed outputs will be stuck-on). Note: The 7I95T outputs are not short circuit protected so a current limited power supply or a 2A to 5A fuse should be used in the power source that supplies the outputs."

Thank you so much for the answer!. I see that TB5 PINs 13-24 are isolated high current output pins, but which pin should be connected to the DC 24V power supply?

More
28 Jun 2023 13:35 #274388 by rmu
It depends. You could wire +24V -> mesa out 0+, out 0- to relay A1, relay A2 to 24V GND. Don't forget to connect a diode in reverse between A1 and A2 (A1 and A2 are the leads to the relay coil). resources.altium.com/de/p/using-flyback-...-noise-your-circuits

More
28 Jun 2023 13:51 #274391 by madjonr

It depends. You could wire +24V -> mesa out 0+, out 0- to relay A1, relay A2 to 24V GND. Don't forget to connect a diode in reverse between A1 and A2 (A1 and A2 are the leads to the relay coil). resources.altium.com/de/p/using-flyback-...-noise-your-circuits

I get it, thank you very much for your answer!

More
28 Jun 2023 14:22 #274393 by madjonr
In this case, do I need at least 2 switching power supplies, one DC 5V for the logic part and one DC 24V for TB5?

More
28 Jun 2023 15:42 #274404 by tommylight
Yes.
You can also use one power supply with those two voltages, or with a step down converter, but not preferred especially for plasma or high interference producing machines with big servo drives.
Use good quality power supply for 5V logic, MeanWell or even better Delta, anything over 3A current is ok, although i would go for 5A.
The field power can be something cheaper, although again, i would really not skimp on power supplies. I have a lot of PC's and the cheapest power supply i bought for those was 180 Euro.

More
28 Jun 2023 15:51 #274405 by madjonr

Yes.
You can also use one power supply with those two voltages, or with a step down converter, but not preferred especially for plasma or high interference producing machines with big servo drives.
Use good quality power supply for 5V logic, MeanWell or even better Delta, anything over 3A current is ok, although i would go for 5A.
The field power can be something cheaper, although again, i would really not skimp on power supplies. I have a lot of PC's and the cheapest power supply i bought for those was 180 Euro.

I get it, thank you very much for your answer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds