USB and PNCCONF, retrofit Moho 300P

More
15 Nov 2011 07:17 - 15 Nov 2011 07:48 #14822 by RIM
:unsure: Am I right when I discover "No USB support in PNCCONF" ??? Have purchased 7I43H 7I37 7I33 a BOXD525MW mini ITX PC board and is on my way into a project with a retrofit of a Maho 300P.
The 300P is with one common motor for x,y,z but in the first place I will try to make it work like that and afterwards consider adding another two motors to it. The original control is a Heidenhan TC121 with analog LS803 .
My first problem is the missing USB suport in PNCCONF, second the start of EMC2 gives me a error saying that there is a conflict with the FPGA size 200/400, I have the 400 FPGA but it claims that it is a 200 ?? Have tried to use a 7I47 and a I743-4 reference without any luck getting the EMC2 running.
I have been looking around the forum to find info about what to purchase but the added "H" to the 7I43 is a miss, now it is here and I would like to try it out to see if the USB solution will work on the Maho 300P, otherwise I might need a 7I43 with parallel interface, the single PCI slot available I will use with a NuDAQ PCI-7434 100 isolated Data out now that it is on the shelf.
Anyone doing USB with 7I43H ??
Anyone with project similar the Maho 300P with firmware close to what I will need?
Great forum, Claus.

Ups, how did it ended up in this tread, my intention was the PNCCONF tread :ohmy:
Last edit: 15 Nov 2011 07:48 by RIM.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 08:03 #14823 by cmorley
EMC does not use USB for motion control, so yes you bought the wrong type of 7i43 :(
Talk to Mesa - I'm sure they will try to help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 10:47 #14826 by andypugh
RIM wrote:

:unsure: Am I right when I discover "No USB support in PNCCONF" ??? Have purchased 7I43H:


You probably should have bought the 7i34-U-4 (which is cheaper, too). Pete at Mesa might let you swap it.

EMC2 would use USB, if the USB protocol offered reliable timing, but it doesn't.
Your D525 has a Parallel port, and is a known-to-work configuration with the 7i43.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2011 11:17 #14828 by RIM
Ok it sounds like that it is not just the PCCONF that is a problem with USB it will also get in the way running/using EMC2 ??:S
Returning and swap is not just like that the 7I43H is purchased at the Dainish distributor of Mesa cards because Mesa didn't let me by direct.
:( :S :S :angry:
Yes I have read about the NO USB support afterwards, but some how it sounds like it should have a try but it will require that there is added support for it and that sounds like a non existing option right now . :huh:
Ok I might try Peter there might be a option there I might also need an additional 7I37TA
Thanks for now.
Claus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 11:10 #17454 by RIM
OK I tried reaching Peter at Mesa on E-mail, he reply with a positive solution :) , I answer back and nothing more happens :huh: , then I send another E-Mail and got a positive answer back :) , I reply and nothing happens :( , then I send another e-mail and nothing happens :angry: , then I got tired and purchased a new 7i34-U-4 board from Czech Republic (inside EU), now I have a 7i34H board for sale if someone is interested!!.:dry:

I put everything together and made a solution with PCCONF and it works on the table testing some of the digital inputs ;) . I was looking for a way to make a preliminary solution in EMC2 that is working with the Maho 300P one servomotor hardware for X,Y and Z, but didn't find any thing to handle that inside the PCCONF, is there a solution or a way to do it ?, have anyone tried it out ?
Claus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 11:39 #17456 by cncbasher
if this is a analog servo drive which uses 10v input then the easy way is to fit a 7I33TA , and use one of the sv4_4 bit files from pncconf
i'm not familar with the Maho 300p but it should not be difficult to interface ,

we need more details on the interface needed , and how you have tried to connect

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 11:44 #17457 by andypugh
RIM wrote:

I put everything together and made a solution with PCCONF and it works on the table testing some of the digital inputs ;) . I was looking for a way to make a preliminary solution in EMC2 that is working with the Maho 300P one servomotor hardware for X,Y and Z, but didn't find any thing to handle that inside the PCCONF, is there a solution or a way to do it ?, have anyone tried it out ?
Claus.

In PNCCONF you should be able to select the 7i43U and the SV8 firmware.
By default that puts 4x encoder and 4x PWM on each connector (for 2 x 7i33). However, if you choose to only have 4 encoders and 4 pwms then the second connector will be allocated to GPIO for use with the 7i37TA

You will need to look at the 7i33 manual to work out which terminals are which.
I can't be a great deal more help, I prefer to write HAL files by hand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 11:59 #17459 by RIM
OK just short I have:
7I37TA
7I33TA
7I43-U-4

1 Maho 300P with Heidenhain TC121 control that is working.

I intend to interface the Heidenhain LS803 glass scale using the front end inside the TC121.

There is a Servo drive that is operated with +-10V that is working.

The Mesa modules are still on the table and is not yet mounted in the Maho 300P.

I will probably without any big problems be able to integrate the Mesa with the Maho on one axis, but how is the best way to make it running on all tree axis with one servo drive ?.
I will only run one axis at a time, with the limitation that it will give.

Later I will modify the hardware to more servo/stepper motors.
Claus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 12:11 #17460 by andypugh
RIM wrote:

I will probably without any big problems be able to integrate the Mesa with the Maho on one axis, but how is the best way to make it running on all tree axis with one servo drive ?.

Ah, is this a Deckel/Aciera style machine with a single motor and a gearbox that selects which axis is driven?
How does the current control work? Do you need to change axes by hand, or does the controller do that?

If that is the situation, then I can think of ways to do it with HAL logic. You would probably need to use an M-code before each G-move to engage the axis you want to move. There are probably ways to do that automatically, but I think the engagement delay would be difficult to deal with. (perhaps you could hold the PID to zero during a gear-shift)

However adding more motors would be a better solution as then you can cut curves and angles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2012 12:48 #17461 by RIM
andypugh wrote:

RIM wrote:

I will probably without any big problems be able to integrate the Mesa with the Maho on one axis, but how is the best way to make it running on all tree axis with one servo drive ?.

Ah, is this a Deckel/Aciera style machine with a single motor and a gearbox that selects which axis is driven?
How does the current control work? Do you need to change axes by hand, or does the controller do that?

If that is the situation, then I can think of ways to do it with HAL logic. You would probably need to use an M-code before each G-move to engage the axis you want to move. There are probably ways to do that automatically, but I think the engagement delay would be difficult to deal with. (perhaps you could hold the PID to zero during a gear-shift)

However adding more motors would be a better solution as then you can cut curves and angles.


Yes it is a Deckel/Aciera style machine.
The change in axis is electrical done with clutch and breaks on all axis.

The hardware upgrade is later, first I would like to see the EMC2 and the Maho work together, before I start modifying the "working" hardware,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum