proudly presenting a Maho MH700 retrofit ..

More
17 Jan 2010 14:22 - 17 Jan 2010 14:41 #1529 by ulda
Hi everybody

I just wanted to do a success report:
I retrofitted a Maho 700 4-axis milling machine with emc and it is working!

I removed the stone-old 8080 processor control because of ongoing errors.
This included completely unwiring the control and removing the old philips glass scales.
I kept the rest including the dc-motor-amplifiers, installed new glass scales and rewired everything to a motenc-100.
The electronic gearbox neded special hal-programming but now everything works fine.

The system features four axis horizontal and vertical milling and is open to my special automated tools.

Next is installing an industrial use display and keyboard as well as mounting all enclosings...

Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Jan 2010 14:41 by ulda.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2010 16:28 #1533 by BigJohnT

More
17 Jan 2010 19:39 #1535 by robh
Nice work, any Videos of it in action/moving around

More
18 Jan 2010 11:44 #1545 by ulda
I'm waiting for some workpieces to be delivered. Then I'll do a video...

More
13 Feb 2010 18:03 - 14 Feb 2010 11:42 #1880 by grd246507

Hi

Nice work on your retrofit.

I to am doing a similar job on a Deckel FP 41nc mill, emc / mesa hardware, heidenhain linear scales, Gettys servo motor / tachs and the original Bocsh velocity mode servo drives.

It has, I think a similar electronic gearbox to yours, with 3 small electric motors (see picture) selecting speeds combined with a 2 speed spindle
drive motor, it gives 21 speeds in total, I wandered could you expand on how you went about your custom Hal file for your gearbox control.

Kind Regards

Gary
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2010 11:42 by grd246507.

More
15 Feb 2010 11:56 #1910 by ulda
Hi Gary
Yes, that should be the same gearbox design and you should have a switching diagram in your control documentation.
My control uses a .comp module to look up the gearbox positions for the given spindle frequencies and then I use a
classic ladder state machine and some logic together with 5 relais to control the motors.
Main problem was to do the right-left turning of the spindle motor during switching gears ...
I can send you the configuration files if you mail me info @ dambacher-retrofit.de.

/ulda

More
15 Feb 2010 18:30 #1915 by grd246507
Hi ulda

Thankyou for your reply.

Yes would very much like to see your configuration files.
I do have the logic documentation pages, but the machine was a not running when I obtained it so I have never run the spindle.

Think I can see a lot of what is occurring from the spindle speed table and the diagram of the three gear selection motors
rotating CCW each has three micro-switches representing nine bits in total, for inputs when the motors are driven into the correct gear position for the speed selected they trigger three outputs that switch off each of the 3 three selection motors in that sequence, please correct me if I am wrong.

I was originally going to use just an inverter only for spindle, but I like the look of the gearbox and the spindle power advantages it gives, the two speed motor may only be used in the high range (2800rpm) because it only covers 31,40,50rpm speeds at (1400rpm) and the motor control and switching on / off /direction, all done by the inverter in place of the old mass of reversing control contactors.

Regards

Gary

More
22 Sep 2010 09:33 #4279 by pirke
I am currently in the proces of retrofitting a maho 400c.
But i am still getting all the information...

Does your maho 700 has a indramat 3trm2 servo amp?

Peter

More
22 Sep 2010 12:28 #4280 by Gregor
I'm currently doing a lathe that has the 3TRM2 drive. Just got the servos up and running properly this morning. Maybe I can answer some of your questions?

Gregor

More
22 Sep 2010 14:30 #4283 by ulda
Yes, my mh700 has this 3trm2 (1 amp for 3 servos) and an additional one for the B/C Axis.
It has +/- 10V input for velocity - works fine with me.
How can we help?

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds