7i76e , 2.8.0 , Raspberry , hung configuring VFD

More
03 Nov 2020 22:32 #188276 by merlinfive
Hi ,

I'm new to linuxcnc and Mesa cards , I'm reading now for some hours here , found how to cable the Huanyang 2,2KW VFD but got stuck configuring in PnCConf.

I have already configured 3 axes (JMC Servos) which work fine for now , I have configured 3 limit/home switches but were can I configure the spindle ?

In PnCConf I can see three tabs with I/O but in some thread I have read about "midi tab" ? how do I get it ?

the 7i76e is out of the box , and I even tried mesaflash from github but I guess on raspberry it is not available (got a lib error during make)

all help appreciated, please point me into the right direction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Nov 2020 22:47 #188277 by oldtech
You have to select the spindle option early in the config. Then you will be able to add your spindle info at the end.

More
03 Nov 2020 22:53 #188279 by merlinfive
Yes I have selected the checkbox for Spindle , guess in one of the first pages .
just read in another thread that german language might be an issue , will change to english tomorrow and check again.

More
04 Nov 2020 13:50 #188310 by merlinfive

Yes I have selected the checkbox for Spindle , guess in one of the first pages .
just read in another thread that german language might be an issue , will change to english tomorrow and check again.

Ok that was the problem , after changing to englisch I got the additional tab 7I/& I/O and sub tabs for TB4 / 5 / 6 Spindel is working :-)
Maybe in the documentation should be pointed out to always use englisch

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds