Probe Screen V2

More
27 Feb 2020 14:20 #158639 by billyjack
Probe Screen V2 was created by billyjack
First my credentials with Linuxcnc! "None"!
I've built hobby cnc routers for years but used Mach. I do have a Novakon pro running Pathpilot but the installation was a monkey see, monkey do step by step process that did not teach me very much about Linux.
I've since started a new control system using Linuxcnc/mesa/7i76 combo and DMM-Tech Servos and drivers. I do have the system semi operational on the bench and am in the process of adding features prior to moving to the machine itself.
That said, I'm trying to install probe screen V2 (VERS.BY) and need some clarification on the installation instructioins;
This is the statement:

." Add to your .ini ...-postgui.hal settings from my-mill.ini and my-mill-postgui.hal, substitute your own constants."

Are the saying to install the my-mill ini and my-mill-postgui.hal contents into my ini file? my hal file? The only postgui.hal file i have in my directory is custom_postgui.hal and postgui_call_list.hal. My ini and hal files are South_router.ini and South_router.hal which I set up with pcconf.

I hate to return to Mach expecially when PathPilot is working so well. Forgive my lack of knowledge on linux.

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2020 18:20 #158660 by billyjack
Replied by billyjack on topic Probe Screen V2
Well, got it working. Found the answer in an old thread. I have the display correct but the buttons do nothing to move the machine motors. Well, back to the drawing board but progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
27 Feb 2020 18:26 #158662 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Probe Screen V2
Nooooooo do not go back to mach3 !!! :)
Am on the phone so i can not help much, but it would be helpful to upload your config files so we can have a look.

More
28 Feb 2020 00:17 #158706 by billyjack
Thanks TL;
Any help or direction will be appreciated.
I'll upload my .ini and hal files for your assistance. Again, I'm working with the system on the bench so some of my settings are bogus as compared to the actual machine control. I just hope to understand what I'm doing before then.

again, thx.
Bill
Attachments:

More
29 Feb 2020 18:16 #158830 by billyjack
Hey Guys;
After many efforts i finally kinda figured out what was wrong. Basically when adding the path for the subroutine folder, I was not correctly configuring the path which is similar to the old dos. Also, I reordered my ini sections as listed in the ini tutorial here. I appreciate any advice given and look forward to getting my old machine back into top shape with this new control system.
Bill

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds