Remap info

More
06 May 2021 07:27 #208075 by Willheg
Remap info was created by Willheg
Hello again all,

I hope this is the right place to post this.

I have got my glade panel working to a point I like, now I'm working on a remap function that kinda works, it displays a message window, imported from my glade vcp python file when running, it says please insert tool X, what I would also like to put there is the description of the tool from the tool table if possible, but I am struggling to find information on what functions etc I can call to received different information etc.

Thanks for any information etc

Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2021 21:02 #208158 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Remap info
See gmoccapy code and search for update_tool_info or similar.

You will find the way to get all tool info for all tools

More
07 May 2021 00:52 #208172 by Willheg
Replied by Willheg on topic Remap info
Thanks newbynobi I will take a look and see what I can find.

My issue i have had is in the remapped m code not receiving this information but I will see what I can achieve if anything.

More
07 May 2021 15:33 #208223 by newbynobi
You will have to set this Info in pre-python part and pass this info over to your remap code, but as far as I know, you will not be able to use strings in gcode.

Why not doing all the remap in python, that way you do not have that limitations.

Norbert

More
08 May 2021 01:32 #208277 by Willheg
I had looked into the built in pre-python part but it errored out all the time when I try to load it on a remapped M code

I am trying to do it all in python only but the window I have created that pops up for my error/information messages is a class of it's own and is unable to pull the data from the tool table like in the handler class I have created for my glade vcp panel.

I might be missing some bits somewhere to link everything properly and make it work but thought I would ask here to see if there is an easy way to achieve this or ignite the spark in my head for what I need to do/use.

Will keep looking at source code and trying things to see if I can make it work.

Thanks again so far.

More
08 May 2021 09:08 - 08 May 2021 09:10 #208289 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Remap info

I had looked into the built in pre-python part but it errored out all the time when I try to load it on a remapped M code

I am trying to do it all in python only but the window I have created that pops up for my error/information messages is a class of it's own and is unable to pull the data from the tool table like in the handler class I have created for my glade vcp panel.

I might be missing some bits somewhere to link everything properly and make it work but thought I would ask here to see if there is an easy way to achieve this or ignite the spark in my head for what I need to do/use.

Will keep looking at source code and trying things to see if I can make it work.

Thanks again so far.

The tooltable is a file. In python, open the file and read what you want.
Last edit: 08 May 2021 09:10 by bevins.

More
08 May 2021 11:39 #208302 by Willheg
Thanks all, after some more playing round I have managed to get it working a little,

If I run my new remap in mdi mode its sweet as.

If I load a program it screws with things i.e.
Before I hit the run button it cycles thought all the tools asking to insert each one when loading the preview I think, then when I hit the run program button it wants to load the second tool/next tool before it has even run the path, if anyone has any insite here before I can put my finger on the issue or find what I'm looking for, could you please enlighten me or point me in the right direction.
Thanks

So some more digging and investigation to be done and then hopefully clean up the code and files that I have all over the place.

It has been a hole lot of fun and I dont think I'll ever be finished anytime soon, but every little hurdle jumped to get this thing where I would like is a succes in my book.

Well off to bed again and back at it soon after some thinking and digging.

More
08 May 2021 21:10 #208337 by newbynobi
You need to check for task, just see the gmoccapy change. Ngc for an example how to do that

Norbert

More
09 May 2021 04:57 #208355 by Willheg
Thanks Norbert,

Like 2 mins after I posted my last post I stumbled across a post saying something about this, so I tried and that fixed that part, now I just need to work out how to stop it happening when running a program as now it just runs though all the tools on the first tool change, but I'm sure with some more searching and code reading I'll work out what is required.

Cheers again

More
09 May 2021 22:33 #208431 by Willheg
Upon playing further I am wondering if it is the gcode read ahead once I push the run button.

My only thing hear is if it is that is to work out what i need to do to stop this before it gets there.

Still having fun and learning all the time.

I do love challenges, makes the outcome if you get it so much sweeter.

Thanks again to anyone reading and trying to help out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds