Trying to avoid learning by asking if someone can be paid (very little) to help

More
30 May 2019 19:59 #135419 by rudy
What I want to do is put the image of a buffalo in 3d on a panel that's 84" high and 118" wide. It will actually consist of 6 doors fitted tightly together (they pop out 2" when pushed in, then open on hinges). I have not determined the type of wood - test doors made from solid hickory, poplar, and hemlock are currently hanging to see how much they warp. Test doors are about 3/4" inch. real ones can be thicker. I have a friend who has a 22" wide CNC router who can do the cutting (don't know right now what machine he has, will find out). I have collected some candidate buffalo pictures from the web but have absolutely no artistic sense and would like to avoid the rather steep learning curve between knowing nothing and being able to do at least a half decent job of creating the gcode needed.

Is anyone interested in helping out? if so, please contact me rudy at winface.com
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2019 09:07 #135452 by pl7i92
hi i am in Germany

Not clear what you exactly want
a Plate 3D sculp like
or a full 3D carve all sides
Attachments:

More
31 May 2019 13:16 #135465 by rudy
Wow!

Your buffalo is pretty much exactly what I have in mind - guess that's a "plate 3d sculpt"?

I don't know how big yours is, (particularly in terms of depth) or how scalable the gcode is but that image exemplifies the idea.

Now.. the wall this is going on is 118" (nearly 3M) wide by 90" (about 2.25M) from carpet to ceiling so net about 118 x 82 seems likely. My big issue, other than the gcode, is ensuring that the wood doesn't warp or expand/contract and that will be affected by the depth needed for the image. So, for this to work, how thick do you need the wood to be?

More
31 May 2019 15:14 #135475 by pl7i92
this is all scalable in all axis

Primary wood be to know what your friend can do
the toolsize BALL Cutter
the mashine Rough capability (( ok Feeds can be Changed )))
BUT nit the steps
IS Your friend able to get a G-code from a STL file i guess YES as he ownes a mashine

I will do a Gcode on your Request of the TOP tread

More
31 May 2019 15:48 #135479 by rudy
I have asked Euan for details on his machine. I know he can handle up to 22" in width and can feed whatever length is needed. He has many different cutters, and we can get anything needed.

What thickness should the wood be?

(Ich spreche oder schreibe kein Deutsch, kann es aber gut genug lesen, um zurechtzukommen - insbesondere mit Hilfe von Google Translate. Bitte verwenden Sie Deutsch, wenn es Ihnen leichter fällt.)

More
31 May 2019 18:30 #135495 by pl7i92
on your request
TEST part
6x4 inch Depth 0,7inch
CUTTER 8mm Ballbit NGC file is attatched

Attachments:

More
31 May 2019 19:56 #135499 by rudy
Thank you!

I should find out about machine options and scale during the next week or so and will get back to you (via this site) as soon as I have the info.

More
01 Jun 2019 00:08 #135514 by andypugh
If the router in question runs LinuxCNC then you can just open the JPEG file in Axis.
That will automatically run the image-to-G-code application.

More
01 Jun 2019 08:18 #135549 by pl7i92
the image is to Dark for details
Tryed it

More
11 Jun 2019 07:42 - 11 Jun 2019 07:43 #136562 by pl7i92
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Jun 2019 07:43 by pl7i92.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds