neat work on EMC2

More
24 Apr 2009 20:53 - 24 Apr 2009 22:21 #147 by Graydog
neat work on EMC2 was created by Graydog
Dear EMC world,

It has been a while since I was here, and since then move made lot of bit and generally enjoyed using EMC.
www.solarcarwales.co.uk/NorthWheels/4thApril/solarCar2.jpg

Big thanks to all who have worked on the old and new code! I do like the new AXIS interface.

Recently I started looking at upgrading to EMC2 on our Bridgeport using a motec board.
The system was running pretty good under EMC1.

So using the live CD EMC2 was used to build the above car (it is 2.2m long), but then we started doing more stuff using G2 and G3 codes.
At which we get radius error end start etc. I'm guessing the fix is in 2.2.8.

I generally solved this by tweaking a thou or two which works in the main.

So to be up to date I installed 2.3 today, assuming the "Fix rare incorrect movement for G2 and G3 arc moves" error would be fixed.
But, on running code, I'm still getting the error.

Any advance should I go back to 2.2.8?

Second question, (am I being dumb?):
I have to postprocess in imperial to g-code in inch as when we us metric and open the file for milling the mm are read as inched so one can imagine how big part can appear to be.

It seems some time not to be the case however, we have not worked out the sequence but sometimes the file opens as metric (to save time at the moment every thing is processed in inched).

What is the solution?

Kind regards
Graydog[/size]
Last edit: 24 Apr 2009 22:21 by alex_joni.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2009 06:56 #150 by alex_joni
Replied by alex_joni on topic Re:neat work on EMC2
Graydog wrote:

So using the live CD EMC2 was used to build the above car (it is 2.2m long), but then we started doing more stuff using G2 and G3 codes.
At which we get radius error end start etc. I'm guessing the fix is in 2.2.8.

This issue usually appears if your postprocessor doesn't have enough precision for outputting the arc positions.
Or maybe it's set to output absolute I/J locations instead of relative.
If you could attach a small part of the g-code which presents the issue, we can analyze it further.

I have to postprocess in imperial to g-code in inch as when we us metric and open the file for milling the mm are read as inched so one can imagine how big part can appear to be.

It seems some time not to be the case however, we have not worked out the sequence but sometimes the file opens as metric (to save time at the moment every thing is processed in inched).

You can fix this by including a G20 or G21 at the beginning of the file.
www.linuxcnc.org/docview/html//gcode.html

Regards,
Alex

PS: nice car ;)

More
27 Apr 2009 10:18 #180 by Graydog
Replied by Graydog on topic Re:neat work on EMC2
Thanks Alex,

you solve both probs with the inclution of G21 or G20.
I'd not been putiting them in the header befor and using MDI switch to reset EMC.

but your right G21 in teh header solves it reading into inchs

ALSO!!!!

solve the corner rad problem inch or mm.

Thanks big time.

Graydog.....

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds