Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
11 Oct 2025 14:15 - 11 Oct 2025 14:59

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

When i start linuxcnc with just setp gladevcp.table1" in the postgui i receive this error message

Starting DISPLAY program: axis
module 'hitcounter' skipped - import error: No module named 'hitcounter'
71303171
['halcmd', 'loadusr', '-Wn', 'gladevcp', 'gladevcp', '-c', 'gladevcp', '-d', '-x', '79691919', '-u', './hitcounter.py', '/home/cnc/linuxcnc/configs/Fräse/test.glade']
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Running HAL shutdown script


Any ideas how to fix it?

I found this  github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/2.9/configs/sim/hitcounter.py
I created a file hitcounter.py in /home/cnc/linuxcnc/configs/Fräse/ with the contend from the link

A little different error

Starting DISPLAY program: axis
77594627
['halcmd', 'loadusr', '-Wn', 'gladevcp', 'gladevcp', '-c', 'gladevcp', '-d', '-x', '75497615', '-u', './hitcounter.py', '/home/cnc/linuxcnc/configs/Fräse/test.glade']
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
11 Oct 2025 07:29

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

You don't need a handler for what you want.

Here is an example that creates a led connected to 'halui.machine.is-on' and a button connected to 'halui.machine.on'  

 

File Attachment:

File Name: example.ui
File Size:2 KB


 

File Attachment:

File Name: example_postgui.hal
File Size:0 KB
  • andypugh
  • andypugh's Avatar
10 Oct 2025 20:03

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

If your Glade UI element is of type "Hal button" then the HAL pin will be created automatically and no handler file is needed.

(This is stated with 93% confidence, I don't have easy access to a LinuxCNC machine at the moment to test this assertion)
  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
10 Oct 2025 18:50

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

Can you help me understand how Glade and Handler work? I've already created the switch and the LED. How do I now connect them so that pin 17 switches on and off? I'm completly stuck.
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
10 Oct 2025 17:26

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

Note that you can use either a handler or the postgui halfile to make the connections.
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
10 Oct 2025 17:25

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

That does not work because you have forgotten to give a signal name after the 'net' command.

I entered the command in postgui. This does not start linuxcnc. Do I have the correct command from Halshow for postgui.hal?

Not sure I understand this correctly but halshow does not make any distinction between postgui and regular hal files.
The regular hal files are read before the gui has loaded so if any gui related halpins are used in these files you will get a startup error because those pins are missing. The postgui halfile is read after the GUi and the custom panels have loaded.
  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
10 Oct 2025 16:58

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

I only became a Glade user today... so I don't have any experience yet. Please take a look at the attachments. I have the following questions:
Do I have to enter something in Glade -> Light Button -> Signals -> Handler? Do I enter this handler in postgui?
I entered the command in postgui. This does not start linuxcnc. Do I have the correct command from Halshow for postgui.hal?
  • Aciera
  • Aciera's Avatar
10 Oct 2025 15:12 - 10 Oct 2025 15:15

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

You'll need to make the hal connections in the postgui_hal file. Have a look at the millturn sim confi, (uses an xml instead of a glade file but the setup is the same.
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master...xis/vismach/millturn
  • DerKlotz
  • DerKlotz
10 Oct 2025 15:05 - 10 Oct 2025 15:06

Button on Linuxcnc interface that switches an output on Mesa 7i76e on and off

Category: GladeVCP

Hello,
I would like to have a header on my Linuxcnc interface that switches Pin17=hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-00 on and off on my Mesa7i76e. So far, I have created an LED and a button in Glade. This already appears on the Linuxcnc interface, but no control content is stored. How do I proceed? I tried to do some preliminary work on the Glade page, but failed. What do I need to do and where?
Thank you
Displaying 406 - 414 out of 414 results.
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum