Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: 7i76e)

07 Oct 2023 23:54

ClearPATH servo with MESA 7i76e

Category: Advanced Configuration

I have a few questions with regard to theses servo's and how to wire them up on a MESA 7i76e

What is the best way to wire up these servos?  They have ability to do step/dir or quadrature. 
On the connections,  They have Input A- / A+, B-/B+, and Enable -/+   In step/dir mode A is direction, B is step.  

I just read this "Engineer’s Note: 5V differential outputs are not directly compatible with ClearPath inputs because differential drivers' guaranteed output voltage swing is typically not guaranteed to meet the ClearPath input minimum input voltage requirements. While differential drivers may work initially, they may fail over time as the environment changes, i.e. the motor heats up, components age, and so forth. This can result in erratic  operation that is difficult to debug."

So, would that mean that step/dir would be the best method using +5v with a Input -, or GND with input + vs using the + and - for said input?

Next question would be what to do with the enables, I can hard wire them into the +5v, or take them to a output.  Field I/O will be 24v, and these servo's support 5-24v  on inputs.  Anyone see any issues with mixing 5v and 24v?  Do those share the same GND?   Any benifits to having the enable wired to a output vs always enabled? I'll be using this with a X, Y1, Y2, Z gantry CNC.

And lastly, any benefit to using the HLFB output from the servo?

Thanks, Connor

Displaying 631 - 631 out of 631 results.
Time to create page: 1.315 seconds