X-Z DRO for Lathe

More
11 Feb 2016 18:48 #70006 by mpvriens
X-Z DRO for Lathe was created by mpvriens
Would like to change the gmoccapy lathe DRO from R-D -Z to X and Z
any suguestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 22:07 #70013 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
You will have to change the code for that.

Why do you want to do that?
What is wrong with diameter and radius?

Norbert

More
12 Feb 2016 10:16 #70034 by mpvriens
Replied by mpvriens on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
Hi Norbert,

On a Fanuc and siemens lathe controle i have never seen the R and D Dro's , thats why.
Do you know what code i have to change?

More
14 Feb 2016 18:37 #70127 by newbynobi
All changesd have to be done in the gmoccapy.py file.
But you will need to do several changes.

IMHO the way it is now is OK, so I will not got to deep into this.

Norbert

More
29 Feb 2016 20:42 #70832 by rubes
Replied by rubes on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
Although I agree that it is "OK" the way it is, it is confusing when first seeing the screen.
Yes, R and D are more descriptive of the actual measurement being displayed, and may even be helpful to new users, but its a bit different than the normal labels everyone is used to. Also, everything else on the screen (jog buttons, tool info panel, axis display) calls those movements/positions as X.
Its an easy enough thing for me to get over, and not important enough to "fix". Maybe just a consideration for a future update. How about X(R) or R(X)? But then again, that is not "normal" either :huh:
Nice job though, I know its not easy!!

More
01 Mar 2016 21:41 #70871 by newbynobi
May be we can discuss about making it X, D and Z?

Hiding an DRO would requiere some more code changes

Norbert

More
02 Mar 2016 01:23 - 02 Mar 2016 01:26 #70881 by rubes
Replied by rubes on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
Ah...now I understand your concern. I don't know about the OP, but I wasn't thinking about hiding the alternate display. I think your approach of changing the background color depending on the radius or diameter mode is great. For me, initially it was just seeing the R or D in place of the X I'm used to. I was just thinking of a simple label change and leaving everything else the same.
R(X), D(X), Z
or
X(R), X(D), Z
Last edit: 02 Mar 2016 01:26 by rubes. Reason: clarification

More
02 Mar 2016 05:49 #70892 by mpvriens
Replied by mpvriens on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
For me changing the R into X would be sufficient , I do thing further more this screen works great to me

Marius

More
11 Mar 2016 23:25 #71455 by fixer
Replied by fixer on topic X-Z DRO for Lathe
Hi,

I am preparing for my lathe conversion, and one of the first thing to change was exactly that.
attached you will find my gmocapy.py. The code won't run with your glade file, because there are a lot of other changes too, but you should be able to find those wich affect DRO.
It shows X and Z when in diameter mode, and R and Z when in radius mode. I have my machine set to diameter mode in startup default G-codes in ini file.

change switch_to_g7()
    def _switch_to_g7( self, state ):
        if state:
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.abs_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.rel_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.dtg_color ) )
            self.diameter_mode = True
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_to_diameter( True )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.change_axisletter( "X" )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.abs_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.rel_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.dtg_color ) )
        else:
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( "#F2F1F0" ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "abs_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.abs_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "rel_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.rel_color ) )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_property( "dtg_color", gtk.gdk.color_parse( self.dtg_color ) )
            self.diameter_mode = False
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_to_diameter( False )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.change_axisletter( "R" )

and simply hide the Y DRO in init
 # The Y DRO we make to a second X DRO to indicate the diameter
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_to_diameter( True )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.set_property( "joint_number", 0 )

# we change the axis letters of the DRO's
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.change_axisletter( "X" )  #R
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_x.set_to_diameter( True )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.change_axisletter( "D" )
            self.widgets.Combi_DRO_y.hide()
Attachments:

More
12 Mar 2016 22:16 #71513 by newbynobi
You did a strange change, as X is equal R, but D is X *2

Why such a strange behavior?

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds