Tormach PathPilot lathe tool setup GUI

More
31 Jul 2015 09:30 #61061 by drogge
I was watching a video by NYC CNC,
, about setting tool offsets on a Tormach Slant bed lathe and I really like the GUI it uses. It doesn't do anything that AXIS can't do but it does place all the tools in a single window. I think it also does a better job of separating tool offset setup from workpiece offset setup. Is anyone working on anything like this? I'd be interested in helping out if anyone is or maybe take it on myself.

Drew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2015 20:11 #61065 by andypugh
Tormach PathPilot is LinuxCNC, so it shouldn't be difficult to mix-and-match the two.

It's probably easier to modify PathPilot to your hardware than to approach things from the other end.

More
31 Jul 2015 23:21 #61071 by drogge
Do you know if Tormach has released the source to their GUI? I remember that there was some discussion about that when PathPilot came out.

More
03 Sep 2015 04:09 #62073 by spangledboy
Hi.

For information, you can order a source code disc from Tormach as is technically required under the terms of the GPL. I don't know exactly what's included on it, but I have just placed an order and I'll make it known what is supplied once it arrives.

Ben

More
04 Sep 2015 00:07 #62097 by cncbasher
it would have been nice for Tormach to show some favor under the gpl and to post the code to linuxcnc for all
and to return open source , under the terms of GPL and linuxcnc .

they charge $10 for the code and $28 for posting the cd

where posting the code here would be gratis for all , they might then actually grow the GUI by using the vast resources of the linuxcnc user base

More
07 Sep 2015 23:23 #62206 by Contract_Pilot
You can now order the PathPilot Restore Disk online.. I will be ordering one in a couple weeks.

More
14 Dec 2015 16:31 #66974 by tecno
30$ for the CD + UPS Worldwide Expedited: 1 lbs - $39.72

:ohmy:

More
14 Dec 2015 18:07 - 14 Dec 2015 18:11 #66978 by lincamx
I found a copy of 1.9.2 just google around. I have it Dual booting with linuxcnc 2.7.

Now if I can configure it to work with a parallel port, I will be good.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2015 18:11 by lincamx.

More
15 Dec 2015 20:14 #67023 by Muzzer
I bought a copy on 6th October. The DVD cost $30 and the carriage was $36.54. I asked them if they couldn't just post it rather than send it as a parcel but that didn't seem to compute. Obviously the first thing I did was copy the ISO image in case the dogs tried to eat the thing. Besides, I'll be installing from a UFD as I won't have a DVD drive in my PC. I couldn't find a copy out there at the time. I could send a link if someone wants to see what's on it.

I've just taken delivery of a Jetway JNF9C-2800 Fanless Thin-ITX Motherboard, Samsung 120GB SSD, 2GB SODIMM and Black Noah 3988 Mini-ITX Case with PCI riser to house my 5i25 (from mini-ITX.com). With luck I'll install PP on that little lot and then attempt to fiddle it to support my own setup.

Getting LinuxCNC running on the old PC was a struggle for me, so I'm expecting a slow project here. I'm targeting the summer for completion but I'm not certain of the year yet ;) Still stuck without a workshop, following moving back to Blighty last October, rather like being stuck in an open prison perhaps. Eventually it will be united with a couple of DMM Tech servos (X & Y) and a Leadshine Easy Server closed loop stepper (Z-axis) via a 7i76.

Murray

More
15 Dec 2015 20:26 #67025 by cncbasher
Murray .
expect a slow haul , unless your experienced , it's not the easiest to work on , however when your ready
give me a call , i may be able to help .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Muzzer

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds