Obtaining PathPilot Restore DVD

More
04 Dec 2016 07:44 #83658 by Invent
I've been lurking here for a bit - first time post. Just finished an Anilam Crusader servo conversion to Linuxcnc with Mesa 5i25/7i77. My first conversion - the information on this forum was essential! Running 2.7.8 on Ubuntu 12 and all looks great so far.

Went to the Tormach site to purchase the PathPilot software (really like the UI design and conversational capabilities).

However, it now appears it is only available to Tormach machine owners, and they verify this for each purchase?

How do I go about obtaining the software? Is there a special process due to the GPL license?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2016 23:16 - 11 Dec 2016 23:33 #83930 by auto-mation-assist
Here is some info I received last week from Tormach.

The part number is 36035 - PathPilot Restore Disk v1.9.3 for non-machine owners and is priced at $100.00 plus shipping.

I agree that the GUI is nice. It reminds me a little of the MachStdMill gui that I run on my gantry millling machine that uses mach3.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2016 23:33 by auto-mation-assist.

More
11 Dec 2016 23:55 #83931 by smgvbest
or you can get the source disc for $10 by requesting it and build from the source.
assistance is in this forum on how. then you can use the normal pathpilot upgrade to bring it to current version.
you do need to get a 2.5.x build of LinuxCNC using Ubuntu to though but it is available

More
14 Dec 2016 20:11 #84122 by 5axisormore
That sounds a lot like the build I have in been getting ready to do. What version of Crusader do you have? Mine is a Crusader II with Glentech motor boards and the digital scales. It would be interesting to see how you put yours together. I was looking to do PathPilot on this and then use it on my Hardinge HNC lathe build as well.

More
20 Dec 2016 20:48 #84477 by johannbuck
Tried ordering 36035 but couldn't. Part # not recognized.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds