Pathpilot v2.0 Tormach 1100 - Step / Rev adjustment/tuning

More
07 Aug 2019 19:05 #141628 by TheBigLebowski
Does anybody Familiar with Pathpilot 2.0 Know where I would go about adjusting the Stepper / steps per rev?

The x axis on my mill overtravels by approximately 0.0002" - 0.0003" per inch. The problem is not backlash or gib related. Backlash checks at (0.0004' - 0.0006"), and small holes will interpolate round within 0.001' TIR or less. The error stacks in a linear fashion. I verified this via both CMM'ing a long plate with reamed holes in it and cutting slots, checking the distance between them.

This is not a new problem on this machine, Ive always noticed pockets seamed to cut tighter in the Y axis, but I have a few long plates that require the holes to be within +/- 0.001" positionaly, so i need to sort it out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2019 00:13 #141647 by TheBigLebowski
For anyone interested I found it. It is in the Tormach_mill_base.ini file. I was able to modify the Stepcount (steps per inch) based on the error I was seeing. The machine now appears to cuts correctly.

More
08 Aug 2019 01:35 #141649 by smgvbest
you'll want to edit the tormach_mill_specific.ini for you mill file
thats where you override the base ini file at in PP. the base as I recall will get re-written so you can loose your changes, the specific does not.

just add the AXIS stanza if not there and the parms you want to override

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds