Probe Basic Status Page I/O Missing

More
04 Aug 2023 07:21 #276861 by brandon0112
I have Bookworm 6.1.0-10-rt-amd64 and LCNC 2.9_pre1 installed. I used the instructions at  kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/quick_start.html  to install PB. I noticed that the I/O screen that I had when running 2.9_pre0 on Bullseye is missing in this new version. Does anyone know how to get that back and the file that links that page to the actual I/O?

Thanks,
Brandon

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2023 04:39 #277081 by brandon0112
As an additional note, when I first encountered this issue last week, the status screen was not completely empty but had a "Test Button" button in the middle. When I started getting things reinstalled, I noticed that the button was gone. I did some searching and it looks like the button was removed five days ago. I'm curious if others are having a similar issue. 80+ views seem to indicate maybe so. I am not sure if there is a way to load an older version that still had this feature.

More
06 Aug 2023 05:01 #277085 by Lcvette
The io page was removed due to some issues it was creating.   We removed from the main version until it can be resolved.  Being it was just a convenience and that same data is available via Halshow, we may or may not add it back to the main version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco, brandon0112

More
06 Aug 2023 06:39 #277089 by brandon0112
Fair enough, thanks for the reply. It would be nice to see it again at some point in the future.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
06 Aug 2023 16:04 #277118 by spumco

The io page was removed due to some issues it was creating.  

I liked it too, and I could imagine a later version might have user-input fields to name the IO without having to go 'backstage' in QT editor.

What issues did you see?

More
06 Aug 2023 16:12 #277120 by Lcvette
adding so many update requests created a pretty big hit to latency.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spumco

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds