Vertical Screen with ProbeBasic?

More
28 Nov 2023 02:02 #286652 by B.Reilly01
I read in an old chain that Probe on a vertical screen was in-process.  I was wondering if it has been completed or if there are any interfaces designed to work with an ATC that runs on a vertical screen?  

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2023 10:35 #287631 by andypugh
Probe_basic is a separate project, with its own documentation: kcjengr.github.io/probe_basic/

More
09 Dec 2023 16:26 #287687 by Lcvette
there is a PB vertical branch but it needs some updating.  hopefully in the near future once we get some other items knocked out i can return attention to getting the vertical ui updated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
02 Jul 2024 09:13 #304216 by ThyerHazard
Hey mate sorry to bother you and also sorry for bumping the old thread.

I'm just wondering where we get this vertical ui? even if its out of date I would still like to use it, I looked on the github and found it there but under where the download should be it says (Project URL: Included with QtPyVCP)

As far as I can tell I have QtPyVCP as regular probe basic is installed and working fine, but when I flip the monitor its defiantly not working as intented.

Thanks again for the help mate :D

More
05 Jul 2024 19:44 #304487 by Lcvette
when we say updated we mean a serious update to be brought to compatibility with the latest changes in QtPyVCP, it would likely take a good bit. It is a bit too much to maintain both versions as they are completey distinct in their update requirements, really need a full time person to maintain it but no one seems to use it that wants to take on the responsibility unfortunately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B.Reilly01, ThyerHazard

More
07 Jul 2024 08:53 #304572 by ThyerHazard
Fair enough mate, I'm surprised its not more popular. I would offer to take on the responsibility if I had even half a clue on what I was doing I'm still learning how to find files in Linux haha lead alone do actual development. maybe one day?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

More
08 Jul 2024 01:33 #304622 by B.Reilly01
I totally get that the vertical gui is beyond the capacity limits right now, I wish I knew how to develop this kind of software, but alas, I'm a lowly mech-e. At this point, I've already committed to a vertical screen, and would gladly pay for a clean vertical UI if anybody out there has the capacity. Otherwise, it looks like I'm going to try to learn qtpyvcp at least well enough to reorganize Probe Basic into a vertical UI... that or learn to get through PathPilot 2.10 for it's vertical UI. I appreciate all the help this forum, and particularly Lcvette has given me thus far on this journey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lcvette

Moderators: KCJLcvette
Time to create page: 0.457 seconds