New Youtube chanel for CNC .... anything ! toma cnc

More
08 Apr 2020 15:37 #163204 by tommylight
This will be my new chanel on youtube, " toma cnc " , for anything cnc related and other things if i deem worthy. Later on i might transfer other videos from my existing " toma berisha "chanel on youtube, so please let me know if youtube messes up something when transfering subscriptions.
Already posted a video of some of the machines i built, but some are not there, still forget to take pictures and videos of finished stuff, but learning to do that from the start so there should be more info in the future, and i still hate the time it takes to edit e video, i did that a lot some time ago but now i have to get used to it again.
Here is the link :

Regards,
Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phillc54, chimeno, Clive S, CNCFred, jay1st, BeagleBrainz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 18:54 - 08 Apr 2020 19:04 #163226 by CNCFred
Waooo! Great machines! Nice show! Are they all linuxcnc? The engraving machines as well? Thanks!
Last edit: 08 Apr 2020 19:04 by CNCFred.

More
08 Apr 2020 19:49 #163231 by Mike_Eitel
The machines: Impresive ;-)
The "music". Oh NoNoNo :-(

Mike

More
08 Apr 2020 21:45 #163246 by BeagleBrainz
Party time at Tommy's place !

More
09 Apr 2020 01:10 #163270 by tommylight
Most of the machines use Linuxcnc, except some 2 or 3 of the engravers i sold with an old dos software, everything else uses it, even engravers.
What is wrong with the music? It was royalty free and quite "industrial", so i used it.
It's always party time in my shop, the first thing i do when i step into the workshop is to turn the music on. :)
Thank you for your support, all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CNCFred

More
09 Apr 2020 01:40 #163276 by BeagleBrainz
I'm the same, even when working on site I'd have the radio going.....Slayer, Diamond Head & et al, weren't really appreciated when I was on site fixing playgrounds.

Maybe a remix of Jesus Built My Hotrod > Tommy Built My CNC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
09 Apr 2020 06:41 #163304 by jay1st
Gr8 new Tommy, I'vebeen following you for a while now, hope to learn more from your videos.

More
09 Apr 2020 23:36 #163407 by tommylight
Having a hard time setting up some equipment for recording stuff in the shop, so far i just made a magnetic phone holder for the Samsung Note 9, and it does the job nicely, but since i have not done any recording in the last 25 years, it is a challenge to get the stuff right.
I am hanging my hopes on the " i learn stuff extremely quickly " hanger since that is the case for me regarding almost anything.
I did say "almost", did i ?
Today i did some tests with a BTS7690 (do check this as i am not sure) that are sold for arduino stuff, they can do 43A from the spec sheet, but i would not go above 15A with them, i got 5 of them since they are cheap and i do have some 15 or more small servo drives. Oh, and they have a current sense output, so i will try to use that to limit the current from Linuxcnc using two resistors and two diodes per drive.
In the spec sheet that output is also used for over current fault, but it is set at over 60A, so pretty useless. But since in normal use that pin outputs voltage, or more precisely current that is related in real time with the output current.
Tested with the included "etch servo" config in Linuxcnc and it does work properly after adding a 0 in the ini file (in TRAJ under home another 0 must be added or it will not start), and changing places between PWM and Enable outputs and some tuning.
Now i need to find the threshold for the parallel port input and calculate the required resistor and do some testing tomorrow.
Nice little drives, 5A constant does not even heat them at all.

More
10 Apr 2020 07:24 #163454 by billykid
hello Tom I have never tried one BTS7690, sooner or later I will try but now I have too many things to finish .. even the plasma :-)
I saw the video of the things you did, you don't lack ideas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
10 Apr 2020 15:08 #163493 by tommylight
But i do lack time, and sometimes more parts to play with! :)

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds