deckel fp4ma retrofit

More
15 Dec 2016 16:53 #84202 by bahrabadi
Replied by bahrabadi on topic deckel fp4ma retrofit
Let's not get ahead of ourself.one problem at the time.to be honest with you guys i dont see too much wire around driver box.some power lines and some wires under the drive that i think are about 0-10 v

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2016 16:55 #84203 by ROG
Replied by ROG on topic deckel fp4ma retrofit
Great .... can you take a good picture(s) with any labels / legends in full focus?

More
15 Dec 2016 17:00 #84204 by bahrabadi
These are screenshots from my phone beacuse the original photos are mor e than 1.6mb
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2016 17:48 #84208 by ROG
Replied by ROG on topic deckel fp4ma retrofit
The last picture is the wiring we are interested in. Don't concern yourself with the other.
It looks the same as I have on my FP2. The screened twisted pair cables are likely to be the
+/-10v but you have 4 of them. With two conductors in two and 3 conductors in the other two. The blue wires are signals of which one should be the enable.
I will try to get into the back of my cabinet and have a look at how mine is wired. I had to tee into the enable to for an enable signal for my 4th axis drive. I can also meter the others connections and see what I have when the machine is fully operation or just in standby. The bad news is I won't be able to do this until the weekend.

More
15 Dec 2016 18:20 #84210 by bahrabadi
thank you very much.funny thing is i am away for 10 days too ; and can not test your advice

More
25 Dec 2016 10:07 #84676 by bahrabadi
Hi.sorry but u didn't answer at weekend.could you help me with enable signal.by the way has anyone have any information about my controller.its name is grundig .thank you very much

More
15 Apr 2017 08:08 #91395 by bahrabadi
sorry.but I'm stuck and need your help.I think I hotwired the drive and pullout all axis boards from drive(soomeone suggested it).but the 4 red leds are still on.can anyone help me?I attach schematic of the section that i hotwired
Attachments:

More
15 Apr 2017 09:52 #91401 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic deckel fp4ma retrofit
That is the signal that goes out, not in to the drives. I will have to read from the begining as i do not recal what was going on.
I also do not understand why would you pull all the drives out if you have to test them?
What am i missing?

More
15 Apr 2017 10:06 - 15 Apr 2017 10:11 #91405 by bahrabadi
well someone suggested that when pulling the drives out;if the red led is still on then it is high likely would be power supply (or 035038) board problem.this is the diagram and the picture before it is my drive wires.what did i do wrong?is there any way to make sure that the drive is ok?
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Apr 2017 10:11 by bahrabadi.

More
16 Apr 2017 01:36 #91437 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic deckel fp4ma retrofit
Question : did you power the thing with the drives in place? What happens ?
Put the drives back in place, power it up, find the FG switches or wire them directly, ONLY one by one, get one of those dead batteries or a multimeter, disconnect the SW1 and SW2 wires AFTER you write down how they are connected in order, withe the FG closed connect the multimeter leads to the SW1 pins on the drive shortly ( multimeter has to be set at OHM or KOHM ), does the motor move or make noise? Touch the SW1 ( or SW2 if SW1 does not work ) very shortly as the motors should run in one direction at 1/3 full speed if the multimeter is at OHM, it will run even if the breaks are engaged, so be careful.
You should also read the tutorial about servo tuning on the advanced section of this forum as it has a lot of details about testing the drives and the procedure to wire them to Mesa 7i77.
NEVER connect everything and power the machine, one by one ONLY. Until you get things working properly.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds