Refit Kitamura MyCenter Zero

More
26 Apr 2017 17:29 #92158 by Rescue35
Hello all, I've been lurking and reading for awhile. Now I need some advice. I recently purchased a 1989 Kitamura MyCenter Zero With Fanuc O Mate and Sanyo Denki drives (BA030-04) and servos (65BM004) with a Z axis fault. I was told it was the encoder. The problem was the brake not disengaging. Once that was fixed the Z axis drive faulted with no load, the solution per the manual is to replace the drive.

Instead of fighting this thing through all the problems it may have that I haven't even gotten to yet, I would like to do replace the axis drives and steppers and use LinuxCNC as the controller. I would like to keep the spindle servo and drive so that I can use it to ridged tap and index for tool changes. I found this thread regarding setup of the spindle. forum.linuxcnc.org/30-cnc-machines/29530...center-spindle-motor The 12 position ATC and its controls can wait for phase 2. My main goal is to get the axis, spindle, and drawbar operational.

Here is the hardware that has stuck itself in my brain.
Panel mount touchscreen PC (need to load Linux and check latency)
Mesa7I76E
Clearpath SD servos on X, Y, and Z

Optionally I could reuse the amplifier and servos that work with a Mesa 7I77. Any suggestions on a reliable amp for use with the stock servos?

What would you do? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have built a couple of small, stepper driven, CNC machines before and ran them with Mach3. I was very disappointed in the control and rigidity. I have installed linuxcnc on a couple of computers in the past to try it out. I have never ran a machine with it.

I tried to link some photos of the machine but recived an error stating I have too many links. I'll try more once I prove Im not a spammer ;)
Bad Z Amplifier
File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2017 17:32 #92159 by Rescue35
PLC
File Attachment:

Spindle Amp...I think
File Attachment:

Spindle encoder
File Attachment:

More
26 Apr 2017 17:32 #92160 by Rescue35
Spindle motor
File Attachment:

ATC
File Attachment:

Control Panel
File Attachment:

More
28 Apr 2017 12:06 #92254 by andypugh
Do you have any specs for motor type, current and voltage? (and feedback type, too)

There are lots of drive possibilities, which need to be whittled down a bit.

More
28 Apr 2017 16:51 #92285 by Rescue35
Thanks for the help.

The spindle is 230v 3 phase AC 2.2 kw continuous (3.7kw for 30min). It is a brushless servo with position control through a D/A converter.
Sanyo Deinki
Controler 65BA030dxt
Encoder 1000 p/r
Scale of velocity command voltage Ei=3V/Krpm

The axis motors are 3 phase brushless servos. 230v
Sanyo Deinki
X&Y 65BL014HXE01 (14kg/cm or 194 oz/in)
Encoder 2500 P/R
3000 rpm

Z 65BL030HBE08 (30kg/cm or 416 oz/in)
Encoder 1500 P/R
3000 rpm
Axis controllers are 3 phase full wave 30 amp
Sanyo Deinki
X&Y 65BA030DXT04
Z 65BA030DXT06

The axis encoders use A+-, B+-, C+-, U+-, V+-, W+-, 5V+,5V-.

D/A Converter I/O
File Attachment:

I will work on getting the manual scanned.

More
28 Apr 2017 23:23 #92313 by tommylight
That about encoders using UVW is not right.
They are incremental encoders with A/A, B/B, and C/C that should be index.
The servos seem to use cv/ccv signals, as far as i know 7i77 can do that, but you should wait for PCW or Andy to confirm that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rescue35

More
29 Apr 2017 09:19 #92323 by andypugh
The UVW will be commutation signals for the drives. (brushless motors are commutated in the drives, not in the motor).
If those signals exist then the choice of drives is much expanded.

Is there a DC power supply in the system, or do the axis drives take AC input?

I suspect that the easiest solution would be Granite Drives though cheaper options include the Mesa 8i20 (requires separate DC power supply) and "Whatever turns up on eBay at a good price"

It might well be simplest just to find a stock of spares of the original drives.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rescue35

More
30 Apr 2017 15:18 #92349 by Rescue35
Thanks for the education. Servos and their drives are new to me. The UVW does exist in the encoders, I've seen the connections with my own eyes. These drives take 200V AC +-10%. I checked them yesterday and they are receiving 189V. I'll research those options. I have to go back through and troubleshoot it again as I keep getting different faults depending on my jog speed settings. It always faults out while trying to reference the machine so I have no idea what shape the x and y drives are in.

On the upside, I have a reasonable candidate for LinuxCNC. 17" Touchscreen panel mount w/serial port.
File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds