Kitamura My Center Spindle motor

More
20 Aug 2015 09:51 #61568 by Swoop4FSAE
Hello i am currently working on retrofiring a Kitamura My Center cnc mill. One of the issues i am having is i want to run the stock spindle motor if at all possible. I know that the encoder might need to be changed to run with the MESA board but not sure. also i need help to determine what amplifier i will need for the motor.There is not much visible writing the motor itself so i am hoping someone has tried this before. i am using Mesa 7i76 and 5i25 and AMC amplifiers for the axis servos. The servos i am using are SM341100. The servo encoders are CUI AMT103-v. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2015 13:11 #61569 by JR1050
Can you be more specific as to what you have for a spindle motor and drive?/Did the machine originally have a Fanuc, Yasnac or Mitsubishi control? If you have a red cap.fanuc motor, you will need a drive capable of running a permanent magnet motor, most of the yaskawa motors were induction motors. The encoder should not need to.be changed. Yasnac mx1 and mx2 and the 626 drives used resolver feed back.

More
20 Aug 2015 16:26 #61572 by 5axisormore
Do you mean a 7i77 board, not the 7i76? And what vintage of Kitamuura. I have ran across those all the way from FANUC 6MB, to the latest controls. Machine model, horizontal or vertical, with or without pallet changer, control type, spindle and tool changer type as well as number of axis may be helpful. 7i76 is normally used with steppers, not servo's, and I am not aware of any Kit's with steppers.

Fred

More
20 Aug 2015 17:48 #61575 by cncbasher
We really need to know more about the motor and perhaps the old controller for it
even a pic with identification marks could help

if it's a large horsepower servo , i'd be inclined to keep it and it's matching amp , and use that if it's serviceable .

More
21 Aug 2015 06:44 #61608 by Swoop4FSAE
Yes i am using the 7I77. There is no writing on the motor itself that can be read but i attached some pictures that might help. I and also trying to find who made the original hardware.
Best Reagrds

More
21 Aug 2015 06:55 - 21 Aug 2015 07:03 #61609 by Swoop4FSAE
Here they are. All you can make out on the motor is SANYO.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2015 07:03 by Swoop4FSAE.

More
21 Aug 2015 06:55 - 21 Aug 2015 06:58 #61610 by Swoop4FSAE
Last edit: 21 Aug 2015 06:58 by Swoop4FSAE.

More
23 Aug 2015 05:30 #61662 by JR1050
I'm gonna guess you never saw this machine run and or it was stripped when you got it? I'd start with contacting Kitamura , get a wiring diagram and an operator/maintenance manual. I'd give them.the serial number and find what control and drives it originally had. That is a quad encoder, but if its anything but 5v
You will have to change it. You have your work cut out for you...I'm betting by the time you get it running, you could have bought another one that runs for less!! It will be a fun protect, but its not gonna go quickly...best o luck

More
23 Aug 2015 18:15 - 23 Aug 2015 18:16 #61672 by cncbasher
ok what your showing is a quadrature encoder with a/b & c with differential channels
so theirs 3 wires per channel A+(n) A-(a) B+(r) B-(c) C+(p) C-(b) and positive power ( H) & ground (K)
(number ) is connection of plug
A/B are straightforward
C = index
i would not worry at this stage over the power requirement , however if it's still able to be powered , then a check across positive h and k
and you'll know what it is , chances are it's either 10v or 5v , but either way it's not a major problem .
power for the encoders comes from the control unit which your stripping out any how , so the connections above are easily connected to the 7I77
and straightforward . so just connect the encoder directly to the encoder connector including the power and ground , power and ground are on the connector for the encoder

now the motor ...
this looks like a servo motor by what i can see , but which is not really enough to pin down , what you really need is inside
however i would not go stripping it , unless you know it's faulty . as you would need to re-align the encoder afterwards , and as it's all connected , we will assume it's all in workable order

so i would leave it all alone and use the original power and servo amplifier ( i'd guess it's around 180 - 200v )
being old finding suitable new servo amp without knowing what power and rating it is , could be expensive
so if the original is serviceable then use it , theirs no benefit in renewing it.

so find the original amplifier and look at the model and connections , they will no doubt be analog 10v and with enable and forward and reverse
again easy to connect to a 7i77 . the zero point will need probably to be adjusted once you have it connected to the 7i77 , as the older analog controls have a little offset voltage due to being old TTL . enable and forward/reverse should also be able to connect to the 7i77 analog opto spindle connections .

so next step locate the servo amp and see if you can find the connections or model info stamped on it
hopefully the connections may be already marked .
Last edit: 23 Aug 2015 18:16 by cncbasher.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds