Cant get step/dir drives to move 7i92-7i76

More
11 Aug 2020 19:09 #177927 by bevins
I suspect the drives. They are weird to setup. I check into more later on today.

Anyone else use AASD servo drives in step/dir mode?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2020 19:15 #177928 by tommylight
From the diagram attached, it looks like quadrature inputs, and that will not work or move with the normal step/dir mode.
That is easy to change and test in hal by changing the step type to 1 from 0.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bevins

More
11 Aug 2020 23:01 - 11 Aug 2020 23:03 #177955 by bevins

From the diagram attached, it looks like quadrature inputs, and that will not work or move with the normal step/dir mode.
That is easy to change and test in hal by changing the step type to 1 from 0.

When do I get to stop leaning on you guys.......AAARRGGG!!!!!!

How was I to know stepgen has different modes in hal....lol it worked mode 2 I needed. Motor is turning now.

thanks Tommy and Peter

Out of all the machines I retro'd, I never did step and direction. Last two months been working on two step and dir machines, I guess it shows.....lol
Last edit: 11 Aug 2020 23:03 by bevins.

More
11 Aug 2020 23:41 #177959 by PCW
Note that you will need to reduce the output scale by a factor of 4 for Stepgen mode 2 (if the drive counts every edge)

More
12 Aug 2020 00:19 - 12 Aug 2020 00:20 #177963 by bevins

Note that you will need to reduce the output scale by a factor of 4 for Stepgen mode 2 (if the drive counts every edge)

When I set it to mode 1, it only goes in 1 direction.

at any rate these drives and motors are not tuned, so I am going to have a bitch trying to tune these. IT is jumping then it goes into crazy oscilation.

I may have to switch to a 7i77 and +-10 and bypass the drives internal loop so ir reports just to linuxcnc and then tune in linuxcnc.
I did that before with these drives but I am having difficulty locating my spreadsheet with all the changes that need to be done.
Last edit: 12 Aug 2020 00:20 by bevins.

More
12 Aug 2020 06:30 #177989 by tommylight
Sorry, my bad, mode 2 is quadrature, not mode 1.
:blush:

More
21 Oct 2020 19:58 #186835 by MikkelRS
Ive just got a set of the AASD servo drives in step/dir mode working on my VMC retrofit, the 750watt servos and the AASD 15amp drives.
I just had to set the servos to enable and save the parameters manually.
I only have the step+- and dir+- hooked up to the drives right now, no other signals to mess with, seems to function well!

More
22 Oct 2020 01:16 #186861 by bevins

Ive just got a set of the AASD servo drives in step/dir mode working on my VMC retrofit, the 750watt servos and the AASD 15amp drives.
I just had to set the servos to enable and save the parameters manually.
I only have the step+- and dir+- hooked up to the drives right now, no other signals to mess with, seems to function well!

Would you happen to have the parameters that you changed? Did you tune it with parameters?

More
22 Oct 2020 02:55 - 22 Oct 2020 03:01 #186870 by MikkelRS
I have not done any tuning- perhaps my motors were set up from the factory correctly in the parameters?
The manual i used:
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...XoCv9TPjhnIO8x-_w_5M

or search google for "dkNEW C.pdf" if that doesnt work

Shows pre-made configuration for each motor model on page 12, made sure the right one was selected in Pn001, then made sure Pn002 was set to 2- for step-dir mode, then changed Pn003 to 1, then set Fn001 to 1 and saved parameters to drive.
This is what made them work well for me, im getting up to 600rpm (i dont think my machine needs to go any faster) without any issue, i have 2510 ball screws, 2:1 Screw:motor belt drive, and its got enough power to throw the table faster than i care to admit.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2020 03:01 by MikkelRS.

More
22 Oct 2020 17:36 - 22 Oct 2020 20:43 #186912 by bevins

I have not done any tuning- perhaps my motors were set up from the factory correctly in the parameters?
The manual i used:
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...XoCv9TPjhnIO8x-_w_5M

or search google for "dkNEW C.pdf" if that doesn't work

Shows pre-made configuration for each motor model on page 12, made sure the right one was selected in Pn001, then made sure Pn002 was set to 2- for step-dir mode, then changed Pn003 to 1, then set Fn001 to 1 and saved parameters to drive.
This is what made them work well for me, im getting up to 600rpm (i dont think my machine needs to go any faster) without any issue, i have 2510 ball screws, 2:1 Screw:motor belt drive, and its got enough power to throw the table faster than i care to admit.

yeah I worked on these for 2 months and never got them going. It is definitely a tuning issue. I would need someone to check every parameter and write them down in a spreadsheet, but I am pretty sure I wont get anyone to do that. I tried.
I am stuck with 8 sets of these.

That dkNEW C.pdf has some parameters missing. The manual I have has 260 parameters or somewhere near that.
Last edit: 22 Oct 2020 20:43 by bevins.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds