Cant get step/dir drives to move 7i92-7i76

More
22 Oct 2020 20:04 #186928 by MikkelRS
What motors do you have on them?
Ill look at some of the parameters on mine tonight and report, if theyre the same as the manual, maybe try doing a complete wipe on the drives and start fresh? Fn004 it looks like.
If that doesnt help then maybe I can ask my seller if they'd assist? I had a good interaction from mine from Aliexpress, MASTER JIANG 3SMT Store was my seller, i figure they are closer to the manufacturer because of all the different stores selling what looked to be the same thing, they had the most options when it came to cabling and adding modbus to the drives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2020 20:40 #186929 by bevins

What motors do you have on them?
Ill look at some of the parameters on mine tonight and report, if theyre the same as the manual, maybe try doing a complete wipe on the drives and start fresh? Fn004 it looks like.
If that doesnt help then maybe I can ask my seller if they'd assist? I had a good interaction from mine from Aliexpress, MASTER JIANG 3SMT Store was my seller, i figure they are closer to the manufacturer because of all the different stores selling what looked to be the same thing, they had the most options when it came to cabling and adding modbus to the drives.

I have the AASD-20A drivers and the 750w motors.
the motors are the 80ST-M02430

I tried the wipe and it did the same thing.

The supplier does not help and is not responding anymore to my emails.

It seeks really hard when I command it to move. Otherwise it doesnt move. Shaft rotates fine when not connected to load.
Has a little seeking but pretty stable when not connected to laod. I set initial torque I did everything.

I have used these on other builds and they worked out fine. These I cant get tuned.

More
22 Oct 2020 22:07 #186934 by MikkelRS
It sounds like it has the wrong motor information tuned in the drive. No load motor differences wouldnt matter much more than rotor inertia, but loading it could be overshooting by a lot.
Do all the drives you have do the same thing?
Im checking through my parameters now, the first 30 or so look the same as whats in the manual.

Also, i never set any initial torque, just step-dir mode, servo enable, and write.

More
25 Oct 2020 20:53 #187217 by bevins

It sounds like it has the wrong motor information tuned in the drive. No load motor differences wouldnt matter much more than rotor inertia, but loading it could be overshooting by a lot.
Do all the drives you have do the same thing?
Im checking through my parameters now, the first 30 or so look the same as whats in the manual.

Also, i never set any initial torque, just step-dir mode, servo enable, and write.

I have the correct motor set. IT overshoot on the first move then start oscillating real bad.

More
09 Nov 2020 19:06 #188780 by MikkelRS
I have just experienced a similar oscillating on mine, I have a fair amount of backlash in my X ballscrew, (thrust bearings are bad) and it was fine with leaving the backlash config in my ini file 0, but the moment i tried compensating for it, it oscillated, though not as bad as yours which run-away, it did manage to only pop back and fourth 2-3 times. Im wondering if its a product of being step-dir- and linux cnc or the drivers cant cope with fast accelerations AND backlash.

More
09 Nov 2020 19:24 #188783 by bevins

I have just experienced a similar oscillating on mine, I have a fair amount of backlash in my X ballscrew, (thrust bearings are bad) and it was fine with leaving the backlash config in my ini file 0, but the moment i tried compensating for it, it oscillated, though not as bad as yours which run-away, it did manage to only pop back and fourth 2-3 times. Im wondering if its a product of being step-dir- and linux cnc or the drivers cant cope with fast accelerations AND backlash.

Well I think I know what is wrong with mine. I did not calculate mine properly and do not have enough torque for these motors.
I purchased some nice planetary reducers 10:1 on Y and 25:1 on Gantry X.

This should fix my issues. But I purchased new DYN4 motors and drives but intend on testing the chinese AASD motors and drives with the reducers. I have a use for them on a 4X4 cnc router I have to build next.
we will see.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds