Bipod setup

More
09 Aug 2010 12:17 #3654 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:Bipod setup
dab77 wrote:

any other idea?

Have you checked that the forward and inverse kinematics are exactly equivalent? If you run one then the other, you should end up where you started from. Excel can be useful for checking these things.

I am not sure overwriting trivkins was a great plan.

You probably should use comp --install rather than --compile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2010 13:43 #3656 by step4linux
Replied by step4linux on topic Re:Bipod setup
agree to andypugh, do not overwrite trivkins, create another kinematics with different name.
I think you can compile with --compile, and then install it manually with something like
sudo cp dualbipod.ko /usr/realtime-2.6.24-16-rtai/modules/emc2/
(adjust names according your system)

Gerd

More
09 Aug 2010 23:51 #3660 by dab77
Replied by dab77 on topic Re:Bipod setup
@step4linux:
yes, that's exactly how i'm compiling till now.
and ok, i'm going to change the name of the module, promise..

@andypugh:
what do you mean for "exactly equivalent?"

the formulas i've wrote are perfectly the same that you find on the kinematics documentation
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/motion_kinematics.html . I just copied the kins formulas to 'evaluate' the bipod functionality, but it doesn't work.:dry:

can be maybe 'cause I have EMC2 (2.4.3) installed natively with the UBU8.04_emc2, ant then I downloaded the src packet to take the kins*.c to modify?

Help!!

More
10 Aug 2010 09:32 #3667 by andypugh
dab77 wrote:

what do you mean for "exactly equivalent?"

I mean "Is one the exact inverse of the other for all input values?"
Apologies for being too lazy to go through your code, but one possibility is that the equations break down for negative values.

can be maybe 'cause I have EMC2 (2.4.3) installed natively with the UBU8.04_emc2, ant then I downloaded the src packet to take the kins*.c to modify?

That shouldn't matter. You might need to sudo comp --install, but I think you are probably already doing that.

More
10 Aug 2010 09:36 #3668 by andypugh
Further thoughts: I have got kinematics modules really quite badly wrong in the past, and emc2 has thrown out long lists of errors, but has not actually stopped and quit, like yours seems to be doing.

What does dmesg say after emc exits?

You can make dmesg and the terminal more verbose by editing the debug level number in rtapi.conf

More
10 Aug 2010 11:46 #3670 by dab77
Replied by dab77 on topic Re:Bipod setup
ok, that's what i was looking about, but help me, what number should i write in debug mode?

then, i've tried to invert the output of my joint1, that's because the second motor is going CCW to have positive joint lenght.
so i don't use negative homing and numbers for the two joints.
in fact if i set the two joints manually at a possible value (distance between the two motors is 800mm, so 600 per joint is a possible value), i can now go to world mode, but as soon as i try to jog in world mode it return a follow error. just two times happened that it moved along the x-world axis,but without stopping, right to the limit and then stop. only in that direction, but just two times on 50 tryings.

???

other thing:
in the kinematics functions of the wiki of this bipod there's another lack. when one of the cables reaches the verticality, it shuold stop.
also it should stop but without stopping the machine, so i can move back the axis, or the joints..there will be the need of a good and little complicate algorithm....:huh:

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds