How to move joints of a new robot to verfiy it's motions?

More
15 Sep 2019 17:21 #145273 by Mohamed
I've a python code for a Scara robot to be imported or Visualized in tkinter using vismach, i sucssefuly visualized it but the problem is that i want the joints to move and see if they move correctly so how can i move each joint and verify it's rotation.
PS I ran the file using command "python (name of my code of scara).py" in the terminal and then the figure of the scara showed up.
the code is in the attachments

File Attachment:

File Name: NewTextDocument.txt
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2019 07:20 #145374 by pl7i92
Hard to Understand
You want the VIRTUAL to be moved or the REAL Robot

you need to connect the Virtual Joints to HAL
then the joint will move Virtual if the HAL moves the joint

More
17 Sep 2019 13:51 - 17 Sep 2019 14:05 #145392 by Mohamed
Yes, i now make a simulation only until i verify it , i want to move a vismach model of simple robot arm to just get enough experience to deal with much complicated robot after that, i coded the python code for my Arm_gui but i want to visualize the motion of each individual joint of the robot arm from AXIS
ps i want to change the servos into steppers motor
also if i connected the Armgui.py with Axis, do i need to change the kinematics also
and if i need to change the kinematics then how, i know that there is a file with extension .C that we use loadrt command to execute it
but i didn't find this file so that i can change the dimensions and so on...
Last edit: 17 Sep 2019 14:05 by Mohamed.

More
18 Sep 2019 18:13 #145533 by jaxonusa
It looks like you and I are near the same spot in working with LInuxCNC. I've got a working Vismach simulation, and am currently working on the kinematics. I have a feeling if I use a long distance linear move, the path will not be a straight line. I will soon have python to go from points/orientations to a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6 axis rotations. I'm not sure how to send the axis rotations to LinuxCNC. I could just dump them in there with xyzabc, but I'm not sure that will be right. Even if that is correct, the path from point to point won't be a straight line. I'm sure I could work out the math to send the speeds of each motor at points between the start and end, but again, I'm not sure how to stuff that information into LinuxCNC's kinematics module.

Anyhow, if you would like my Kuka stl models and vismach code, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to send it to you. The cad came directly from Kuka's website, and I used Fusion 360 to export the stl files I used in Vismach. My Vismach code was made by using my head to bash holes in the walls of my house and crying a lot. Anyhow, Vismach seems to work work.
Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2019 11:01 #145573 by Mohamed
Sorry for being too late to response
I'm so glad to find some one with the same problems i have
i have a question regarding the vismach model, how did you verify that each joint moves right, or how did you verify that you but the rotation axis of each arm in the right way in your python code?
and if you could send me the python code for the arm it will help me alot
also please don't use your head to make holes in the walls :)
thanks in advance jaxonusa

More
19 Sep 2019 14:32 #145589 by jaxonusa
I don't have much experience with Python, so please don't laugh at my coding skills. I used Fusion 360 to figure out the correct answers python needs to give me. In Fusion360, I used revolute joints to define the motion. Then, I could drive joints at specific angles, and measure where the tcp ended up. Also, you can apply joints to the tcp, and then measure the resulting angles of axes to get the answers for the inverse case. I'd really like to talk to someone who codes Fushion, b/c they have all this stuff figured out very, very well. I'm amazed that they let people use Fusion 360 for free. There's a whole lot you can do with it.

Just a quick note. This robot has a Euler wrist, which simplifies the math a great deal. It means axes 4,5 and 6 intersect at one point. I've called this point the Euler point in my code. Also, you need to pick points on the individual axes. Don't just pick any points. If you're clever, you'll notice that, in the mastering position, or when all axes are zero, you will find that points can be chosen such that the points for the machine origin, a1, a2, a3 and the Euler point are all co-planer. This simplifies the inverse a fair amount.

This code is very much under construction. I'm not sure I need to be using numpy arrays, perhaps the regular lists will work. One thing I haven't dealt with is the status and turn selection using bit maps. That's getting a little bit outside of my current mission. If you'd like help with that, I'll help as much as I can.

So, the forward function is the easy case and is straight forward. Call the forward function, and input your angles, and the position from the machine origin to the tcp is the output. I guess I should add more output to describe the orientation of the end effector.

For the inverse, there are 3 inputs. The target x,y,z in relation to the machine origin, and the orientation of the end effector. To specify an orientation, input a unit vectors (actually, I don't think they need to be unit vectors) of the target x and y axes.

So, this is where I am. I have lots of the math, but getting LinuxCNC to understand it seems to be very difficult. The limitation seems to be the G-code interpreter. It needs to pass more to the kinematics module than just xyz. I also need to send xyz for the target x and y orientations. Or, for 5 axis machining, just the one of those vectors. I imagine a kinematics module can be written somewhat similar to the python below. Even in that case, a linear move won't be correct. The kinematic module will need to change the speeds of all the motors to hold the tcp on a straight line path during a G01 move.
from pyquaternion import Quaternion
import numpy as np

#units are mm and rads

a1p=np.array([0, 0, 225.60], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z from machine origin to any point on the A1 Axis
a2p=np.array([350.00, 0, 449.40], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z a1p to any point on the A2 Axis
a3p=np.array([0, 0, 1150.00], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z a2p to any point on the A3 Axis
a4p=np.array([1200,0,-41], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z a3p to any point on the A4 Axis
a5p=np.array([0, 0, 0], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z a4p to any point on the A5 Axis
a6p=np.array([0, 0, 0], dtype=np.double) #x,y,z a5p to any point on the A6 Axis
eulerp=np.array([1200,0,-41]) #from a3p to euler point
tcp=np.array([688,0,0]) #from eulerp to tcp

#axes of rotation when all are zero

a1a=[0,0,1]
a2a=[0,-1,0]
a3a=[0,1,0]
a4a=[1,0,0]
a5a=[0,-1,0]
a6a=[1,0,0]

def forward(a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6):
    #Quaternions

a1q=Quaternion(axis=a1a, angle=a1)
    a2q=a1q*Quaternion(axis=a2a, angle=a2)
    a3q=a2q*Quaternion(axis=a3a, angle=a3)
    a4q=a3q*Quaternion(axis=a4a, angle=a4)
    a5q=a4q*Quaternion(axis=a5a, angle=a5)
    a6q=a5q*Quaternion(axis=a6a, angle=a6)

#Rotations
    a2pr=a1q.rotate(a2p)
    a3pr=a2q.rotate(a3p)
    eulerpr=a3q.rotate(eulerp)
    #a5pr=a4q.rotate(a5p)
    #a6pr=a5q.rotate(a6p)
    tcpr=a6q.rotate(tcp)

#position of end effector
    pos=a1p+a2pr+a3pr+eulerpr+tcpr

return(pos)

def inv(target,targetx,targety):
    #Find frame 6 quat
    #1st quat
    angle=ang((1,0,0),targetx)
    axis=np.cross((1,0,0),targetx)
    quat61=Quaternion(axis=axis, angle=angle)
    #print(angle)
    #print(axis)

#2nd quat
    yrot=quat61.rotate((0,1,0))
    angle=ang(yrot,targety)
    axis=quat61.rotate((1,0,0))
    quat62=Quaternion(axis=axis, angle=angle)

#total quat
    quat6=quat62*quat61

#Find Euler point
    tcpr=quat6.rotate(tcp)
    eulerloc=target-tcpr
    #print(eulerloc)

a1=ang((1,0,0),(eulerloc[0],eulerloc[1],0))

#Find a2
    a2pr=a1q.rotate(a2p)
    a,b,c=sss(a3p,eulerp,eulerloc-a1p-a2pr)
    a2=b-ang((0,0,1),(eulerloc-a1p-a2pr))

#find a3
    a3=np.pi/2+np.arctan(eulerp[2]/eulerp[0])-c

#find a4
    a2q=a1q*Quaternion(axis=a2a, angle=a2)
    a3q=a2q*Quaternion(axis=a3a, angle=a3)

a4ar=a3q.rotate(a4a)
    v1=a3q.rotate((0,0,-1))
    a4=projang(v1,tcpr,a4ar)

#find a5
    a4q=a3q*Quaternion(axis=a4a, angle=a4)

a5ar=a4q.rotate(a5a)
    v1=a4q.rotate((1,0,0))
    a5=projang(v1,tcpr,a5ar)

#find a6
    a5q=a4q*Quaternion(axis=a5a, angle=a5)

a6ar=a5q.rotate(a6a)
    v1=a5q.rotate((0,1,0))
    a6=projang(v1,targety,a6ar)

return(a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6)

def proj(v1,v2):
    return(v1-np.dot(v1,v2)/np.linalg.norm(v2)**2*np.array(v2))

def ang(v1,v2): #angle between vectors
    return(np.arccos(np.dot(v1, v2) / (np.linalg.norm(v1) * np.linalg.norm(v2))))

def projang(v1,v2,v3):  #project v1,v2 on to plane v3, then measure angle between
    proj1=proj(v1,v3)
    proj2=proj(v2,v3)
    angle=ang(proj1,proj2)
    sign=np.sign(np.dot(np.cross(proj1,proj2),v3))
    return(sign*angle)

def sss(p1,p2,p3):
    a=np.linalg.norm(p1)
    b=np.linalg.norm(p2)
    c=np.linalg.norm(p3)

ang1=np.arccos(
    (-a**2+b**2+c**2)/
    (2*b*c)
    )

ang2=np.arccos(
    (a**2-b**2+c**2)/
    (2*a*c)
    )

ang3=np.arccos(
    (a**2+b**2-c**2)/
    (2*a*b)
    )

return(ang1,ang2,ang3)
Attachments:

More
19 Sep 2019 16:19 #145597 by andypugh
Is your robot a serial robot? Have you looked at Genserkins?

More
19 Sep 2019 17:44 #145606 by jaxonusa
For me, yes and no. Serial yes, I'm ignorant of Generkins

Is there a Generkins I can select from the configuration selector?

I ran across

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...puma-geometry#140795

which leads to

github.com/deanforbes/Staubli_RX60L/blob...rg/Ross/staubli2.gif

It looks like they've got nice linear motions, but I can't quite make out what G-code is running.

More
19 Sep 2019 17:51 #145607 by andypugh

For me, yes and no. Serial yes, I'm ignorant of Generkins

Is there a Generkins I can select from the configuration selector?

sim-axis-Vismach-puma-puma560 uses genserkins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jaxonusa

More
19 Sep 2019 20:22 #145622 by jaxonusa
sim-axis-Vismach-puma-puma560 is really neat. Help me understand.

G-code -> interpreter -> Genserkins -> hal pins ?

There's a trajectory planner in there somewhere too right? I'm really really terrible about figuring out the flow of information looking at github. Is there some kind of block diagram that shows how G-code turns into writing to a joint pin?

The abc. Is it a Euler sequence? 1st a about x, then b about y, then c about z? I've worked with kukas where a is the 1st rotation about z, then b about y, finally c about x.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds