*SOLVED* Recompiling genhexkins

More
10 Jan 2012 16:01 #16532 by andypugh
honey wrote:

I think that the problem could be how I wrote the kinematics of the robot. I am not so expert. Where I can post my file and if someone wants, he can help me?

Attach the kinematics file to a reply, and also tell us what the format is of the line which loads the kinematics in the HAL file.

If we can reproduce the problem we would be half way to solving it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2012 16:17 #16533 by PKM
You know, I was never successful to compile a new kinematics file within run-in-place EMC2 install.
If you just add the new file to source/emc/kinematics folder, it is not compiled with make.
I'm not a programmer, but I think that any kinematics file should be specified in some file list to be compiled (the developers can explain this better).

It would be easier to use comp and installed EMC2 version, but comp works with very simple kinematic files only, without included libraries.

Here's a trivial solution: make a backup copy of any existing kinematics file and change it to what you want. It compiles just fine.

More
10 Jan 2012 16:24 #16534 by andypugh
PKM wrote:

You know, I was never successful to compile a new kinematics file within run-in-place EMC2 install.
If you just add the new file to source/emc/kinematics folder, it is not compiled with make.

I think that they are, in general, but genserkins is a special case.
The submakefile controls the compilation of the modules in the kinematics folder:
git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=emc2.git;a=blo...86818a2edce346bb45ed
And I think that any generic .c file will be automatically compiled if it doesn't have any complex dependencies (genserkins does have dependencies)

More
10 Jan 2012 16:42 #16535 by PKM
I experimented much with genhexkins, it also has dependencies and it was never compiled when renamed.

More
10 Jan 2012 17:05 #16538 by cncbasher
post your files here and Andy or I can take it further
just confirm which version of emc you are using , so we can test against that particular build

More
11 Jan 2012 10:25 #16574 by honey
I state that I am not a programmer, so I might have made many stupid errors. I have an antropomorphic robot with 6 dof (like puma but the wrist is different). I wrote the general kinematics for a antropomorphic manipulator without spherical wrist (3dof) and for the last 3dof I have used equations like trivial kinematics one (world->a = joint[3]). I edited pumakins for this. Some parameters are declared but not used.

In the hal file I wrote this line:
"loadrt armikins"

The procedure that I have used to compile the module is:
sudo comp --install armkins.c
Then I have copied the file armkins.ko that it was created in emc2-dev/rtlib.
When I run emc2 I have this error:
insmod: error inserting ?/home/cnc/emc2-dev/rtlib/armkins.ko': -1 Unknow symbol in module
arm_inversa.hal:5: exit value: 1
arm_inversa.hal:5: insmod failed, returned -1

There is "loadrt armkins" in the line 5 of my hal file.

File Attachment:

File Name: armkins-ce...389fd5.c
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds