Cooling fluid recovery

More
10 Sep 2013 17:29 #38602 by mariusl
Hi
I am busy with an enclosure for my mill. The question I have is how does one recover the fluid without the chips. I want to make a sump below the machine that will collect the chips. It will have a opening on the side to rake the chips out into a container. So how to recover the fluid from the sump? What does other machines use for this?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2013 17:53 #38603 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic Cooling fluid recovery

Hi
I am busy with an enclosure for my mill. The question I have is how does one recover the fluid without the chips. I want to make a sump below the machine that will collect the chips. It will have a opening on the side to rake the chips out into a container. So how to recover the fluid from the sump? What does other machines use for this?

i have an outlet at the side just below what i would call a full sump , and feed that across through another filter to catch the smaller swarf and then feed that back to the main tank
if that makes sense , the idea is the swarf can drop to the bottom of the sump , but the coolant can be pulled off the top or just below with a pump , with a few gauze layers to catch the majority of swarf

More
10 Sep 2013 17:59 - 10 Sep 2013 18:35 #38604 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic Cooling fluid recovery
That makes sense. How do you eject the chips from the sump or do you catch them else where?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 10 Sep 2013 18:35 by mariusl.

More
10 Sep 2013 19:53 #38613 by cncbasher

That makes sense. How do you eject the chips from the sump or do you catch them else where?

the sump has a lift out gauze or expanded grill , or even just a basket made of sheet with some punched out holes so you can lift out and the basket drains , captures 95% of everything

More
10 Sep 2013 20:00 #38614 by mariusl
That sounds simple enough. Have you had any experience with the augur system sometimes used?

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
10 Sep 2013 20:10 #38615 by cncbasher
iv'e seen auger systems used , but no direct experience , they seemed to work fine , dumping the swarf into large skips ,

but as you had to climb 2 ladders to get to the toolpost , they were on the large side , the lathe was turning ship propshafts so quite a few feet long !

More
10 Sep 2013 20:50 #38617 by mariusl
That is very impressive. Luckily not the scale I work on or even want to work on.
I have seen them on medium sized Haas machines but did not pay enough attention to detail to be able to design my own.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds