Closed Loop Servo System Recommendations

More
13 Nov 2014 11:21 - 13 Nov 2014 11:39 #53055 by calebn1844
I am wanting to switch from a stepper motor system to a closed loop AC servo system with linear encoders on my bench top Dyna mill. Before buying components I would like to know what interface boards, amplifiers, servos and encoders work well together and with Linuxcnc.
Last edit: 13 Nov 2014 11:39 by calebn1844.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 22:12 #58187 by jmelson

I am wanting to switch from a stepper motor system to a closed loop AC servo system with linear encoders on my bench top Dyna mill. Before buying components I would like to know what interface boards, amplifiers, servos and encoders work well together and with Linuxcnc.

Geez, nobody ever answered this?

Well, please excuse me tooting my horn, but the Pico Systems PWM controller and brushless PWM servo amps work quite well with LinuxCNC. We have controlled everything from tiny Pittman motors up to 40 Lb. Fanuc motors with this system. Depending on the specific linear encoders, they can have low-resolution analog output that requires interpolators, or excellent high-resolution digital-output encoders. So, you want to check the characteristics of your encoders before making any decisions.

Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds