Servo enable input question

More
31 Dec 2015 00:38 #67562 by Jake
Are you guys putting your servo enable control under its own control circuit so you have a relay or SSR for each one or putting them all together?

I am running out of SSR space and trying to avoid buying another DC I/O card. If I had all the servo enables on one SSR then I could have the lube pump on its own, the spindle oil cooler on its own, then my cabinet coolers on its own.

Thanks!

Jake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2015 02:47 #67579 by alan_3301
I'm not sure what kind of servo drives you use, but I can't imagine the enables needing their own relay.
I would guess each drive would draw less than 10mA for the enable.

As far as separating the drive enables into separate circuits, I don't think it is necessary.
Is there any situation when you would want only one drive enabled?

More
31 Dec 2015 04:09 #67582 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Servo enable input question
There Yasakawa CACR drives

I can't think of a time I would only run one of them at a time. If one has an issue the whole system is going down anyway.

I wasn't able to figure out how they were configured originally.

I'll just put all three on one, they were supposed to be like 6mA each.

At least that would free up two of the SSR's, if the servo enable signals are only there when it's going to call for motion I'll piggy back the way lube pump on with it also.

At least this way I can break up a few of my outputs and hold off buying another I/O

More
31 Dec 2015 16:03 #67602 by andypugh

I'll just put all three on one, they were supposed to be like 6mA each.

You can probably drive the enables using the output that drives the SSR directly. The SSR input probably takes the same current as the drive enable.

More
31 Dec 2015 16:08 #67603 by Jake
Replied by Jake on topic Servo enable input question
The servo enables are a 24volt signal so I will still have to run through a relay of some sort. I am going to go ahead and try them all on one. It is showing that they sink 5mA each per the tech manual.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds