Retrofitting knee mill

More
28 May 2019 14:02 - 28 May 2019 14:03 #135166 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Retrofitting knee mill

Wiring is kinda a mess right now but it doesn’t even look like the relays are hooked up right now. Looks like previous owner bypassed them.
I’m assuming that sinking would be standard right?

If you get a 7i77, then you connect field power com to the relay and the output goes to the other side of the relay with a diode across the coil of the relay in reverse bias.The cathode of the diode on the positive side.

I think the 7i77D has common + voltage and the output is the field power gnd. still need the reversed bias diode.

I have always used 7i77. Alot of drives use gnd for trigger input so I just use relays on the outputs of the 7i77 and pass gnd through them to trigger the drive inputs.
Last edit: 28 May 2019 14:03 by bevins.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2019 19:02 #149069 by Big Ragu
Replied by Big Ragu on topic Retrofitting knee mill
Hi.
New guy here...
Hope this doesn't look like im hijacking this thread but I am working on the same conversion as Austin136. Its a Chevalier CNC mill with a Anilam 3300MK control. This mill is equipped with the same servos and drivers as Austin's mill.
Im starting with the 5i25/7i77 combo and was wondering if anyone could share or point me in the right direction of where I could find the basic config files for this combination?
For some reason im struggling with the pcnconfig to generate usable setup files.
Thanks for the help
Attachments:

More
01 Nov 2019 13:22 #149353 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Retrofitting knee mill
What problems are you having?

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds