Re-Retrofit Fadal VMC20 from Numatix to LinuxCNC 7i77D/5i25???

More
17 Jan 2021 15:44 #195679 by msrdiesel

Thank you for the response, I am considering this: Product Code: 7I77D-5I25 PNG KIT, looking for a reality check before I pull the trigger since I know nothing...Really (yet)

The 7i77 is for analog +-10 control of the drives. Are you sure it is using +-10v analog for the input into the drive?

Sorry, just noticed you ordered the boards already. Hope it works, keep us posted.

I think I bought the right pieces, or at least certainly hope so.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2021 19:40 #196355 by JR1050
I would be interested in the Numatix control if the price was reasonable. I was looking at a 4020 with one a while back, it was in Idaho and I’m in Florida, shipping was to high. I talked at length with the guy who installs them now. Yes, the original owner passed and the last time the website was updated was 7 years ago. Lemme know. As for the Fadal spindle motor, vmc 20 had a 5 HP motor which was insanely weak, maybe someone upgraded yours, if not, since you are upgrading the machine any way, you might look into it. The 5 hp motor stalls in aluminum.

More
27 Jan 2021 16:20 #196777 by msrdiesel

I would be interested in the Numatix control if the price was reasonable. I was looking at a 4020 with one a while back, it was in Idaho and I’m in Florida, shipping was to high. I talked at length with the guy who installs them now. Yes, the original owner passed and the last time the website was updated was 7 years ago. Lemme know. As for the Fadal spindle motor, vmc 20 had a 5 HP motor which was insanely weak, maybe someone upgraded yours, if not, since you are upgrading the machine any way, you might look into it. The 5 hp motor stalls in aluminum.

Feel free to make a reasonable offer for the entire controller, less the encoders and machine cabling to the encoders. I am in Tennessee, I can put the PC controller and enclosure, the machine controller, panel, pendant and all cables and opto 22"s in a FedEx flat rate freight box, I haven't used one yet but freight seems to be from $150 to around $300 depending on the distance. I would have to get a quote to your zip.

More
29 Jun 2024 04:44 #304001 by Emco2342
Hi msrdiesel,

It would be awesome if you could share details on how you did your retrofit.
Especially about the spindel motor and spindel drive I'd like to learn more.

Thanks,

Frans

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds