How does a fully configured Linuxcnc system compare to industrial controls.

More
25 Nov 2022 00:08 #257583 by Bari
The forums, mail list and IRC/Matrix offer plenty of community support.

Tormach uses LCNC for its CNC machines and offers paid and warranty support for them.

Mesa offers support through the community and I believe that you can pay them for support and customization for their electronics and firmware.

Pico Systems pico-systems.com offers LCNC compatible hardware for sale and I think Jon will take on custom board designs in exchange for payment.

ONE Labs mostly uses LCNC for all the machines we make from CNC to multi-axis printers to DNA synthesizers. Alec even took over RTAI development about 10 years ago. All our customers have paid support and we are frequent on the community channels.

From time to time I hear people asking for paid help and usually find the answers for free on the forums, IRC or ML. Others have found long time LCNC users to be paid consultants to make a custom GUI, HAL comp or similar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2022 00:46 #257587 by tommylight
-there are 3 chinese companies that make laser cutters and use LinuxCNC for those, another one did the same thing but hired a dumb f@k that called us here "morons" and lost his job, probably hired someone else that was also here, so that makes 4 companies, just have a read through this forum where laser are mentioned.
-another chinese company uses LinuxCNC for big paletising robots that stack boxes with a redone GUI, i installed 2 of those, the GUI just says "Lcnc", but under it sure enough is LinuxCNC with its classic ladder. There are a lot of things still in English in there.
-about 10 or more years back, one of the big hard drive manufacturers in Taiwan used LinuxCNC (EMC2 back then) for running the fully automated assembly line, no GUI that i could see
-about 2-3 years back i bumped into a eastern European factory that sold lathes and mills with LinuxCNC, GUI was redone and name was changed but apparently left the "calibration", "show hal configuration", "hal meter" and "and scope" on one of the settings page.
-
If anyone feels so inclined, i am sure some of the big boys are using it disguised with fancy GUI's and added features....
I do not blame them, reliability is exponentially better than whatever they were using under windoze.
P.S.
When i mention reliability of LinuxCNC, ONLY Axis GUI is reliable from the fancy GUI's included. That is my "yard stick". The underlying stuff is extremely reliable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bari

More
25 Nov 2022 04:18 #257595 by JR1050
I’ll have to upgrade . I started writing a G75 grooving cycle , I got distracted and need to finish it. Truthfully, I kinda like programming it from a model.

I’d still kinda like to see the tool table straightened out. Pin it to a tab, loose all the confusing buttons, add the ability to do an incremental offset and wear offsets. I started a thread about this a bit ago and got some suggestions on how to start. I just need the time.

More
25 Nov 2022 10:58 #257606 by andypugh

I’d still kinda like to see the tool table straightened out. 

You mean tool-editor, of course? 

A tool database manager with a graphical front end might be a useful project. Something that does the things you describe but has a proper database behind it, and sends tool data through the new interface: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.9/html/tooldatabase/tooldatabase.html

More
04 Dec 2022 04:45 #258477 by Patrice
next thing it's chips thinning samething of profit turn with mtd tool,foward and back , with low depth and agressive feed, and need some arc for leadin , leadout, parametric programming it's old, but the old time computer it's a lot expensive, the cnc punched out the tape, and after put that on tape reader (molding) or a lot of g-code good luck you need good mrr , pick a time to make some chips and pick it with a beer if you can ;)

Pat

More
29 Jan 2023 15:02 #263166 by aluplastvz
Hello, I have a problem with tool wear, do you have an example of how I can do it?
Thank you

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds