Linuxcnc with Touchscreen

More
13 Nov 2012 18:21 #26526 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Linuxcnc with Touchscreen

I already tried it with this one but I couldn't find the right patch for this...

Not sure why you speak of a patch there is no existing kernel driver to patch, that is what this driver is.

The link I gave is to the driver, which appears to have been written for and tested with 10.04.
You need to download it and the manual, which gives compilation instructions and build it on your system
switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/hidtou...ouchsuite-manual.pdf

What I don't know is whether this driver is supposed to address your particular touchscreen, presumably you have read somewhere that it does.

Each version of the driver is specific to the xorg version code used with a particular distro. If you have updated the Ubuntu 10.04, it still might not work if xorg has been updated.

I have just compiled it on my system and the compilation worked fine.
The only package I needed to install was xserver-xorg-dev, but I have a full development setup, you will need to install all the packages in the manual first.

I cannot test it beyond this however as I do not have a touchscreen.

Attached is a zip of the directory containing the pre-compiled files, you should just need to put it in /usr/src, enter it and type make install from a terminal.

That's as much help as I can give, after that its reading the manual

regards

File Attachment:

File Name: hidtouch-compiled.zip
File Size:483 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2016 04:25 #81760 by Tchefter
Replied by Tchefter on topic Linuxcnc with Touchscreen

Can you describe your problem?

I used an ELO touch screen and other than manually setting the scale and offset for the touch it worked out of the box.

John

Hi John,
is it one like this?

I use the Matrox G550 with the LFH-60 adapter cable. Would that work or has someone already done?
Port1 normal TFT. Port 2 touch screen.

Regards Fritz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds